THE GOD WHO WASN'T THERE

by FireNBandits 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Yadda yadda yadda yaddayaddayadda. Rather than a "my scholars versus your scholars" pointless debate, gimme your evidence that Jeebus Creebus--oops Jesus H. Christ--is an historical personage. I will be happy to demolish your woeful evidence. FYI discovering the mythical nature of Jesus Christ was quite a shocking and difficult shift in my worldview. It was no easy shift. Propaganda, begun in infancy (infamy?) runs deep.

To the rest of you, thank you for responding. To you as well yaddayaddayadda.

Yours NOT in superstition,
    Saint Martin the Inquirer

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is only a small minority of historians that believe Jesus was altogether a mythical person. Some may believe that he was never crucified but most historians believe that he is a historical real person. As for the slaughter of the enemies that is not as evil as it sounds since these are enemies that seek to perpetuate suffering in the world despite the long suffering shown to them and countless opportunities to repent. This is an event still far into the future.

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi greendawn. I like your attitude. Hopefully, some of your descendants will be among the slaughtered. It's only fitting given your positive attitude toward it.

As to the mythicist/historicist positions: scratch a historicist find a mythicist. Mythicism (as to Jesus Crisco) is extremely unpopular with the populace. Slowly but surely the tide she is turning as many "historicists" embrace the full monty, mythicism. Now, as for myself, I was a staunch historicist, and taught such in my classes. I still have to teach it, but I throw in some mythicist arguments and evidence too. It keeps things interesting and stirs the pot. Pot stirring prevents stagnation.

• greendawn
    greendawn

At some time judgement will have to be carried out against those unrepentently holding the world captive to evil which includes things like murder, torture, abortion, grinding poverty, illness, vivisection, starvation, extreme mental cruelty. Otherwise the world will be castigating God for tolerating evil indefinitely. Now if such cynical individuals and groups are so selfish as to conspire to perpetuate such a state of affairs they will have to meet their bitter fate at some stage. Even if they are my descendants I wouldn't pity them. Given the state of the world most of them will be scam anyway.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the problem is when religion gets involved with politics . Christianity is supposed to be a religion of peace and love but has been used by political leader to gain control and after all you can justify alot of things by looking at the old testament which does have scripture about ethnic clensing and death to the dissenter type stuff in it none of which is supported in the new testament as a christian teaching . It's usually about greed and power that motivate people like Pat Robertson and various other types of televangelists .

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi Greendawn. You and "Saint" Augustine are two peas in a pod. You and he can snuggle up and enjoy watching the torments of the damned! That's one of the greatest joys of Heaven in Augustine's view. As to pity/compassion, I find pity and compassion in my heart even for such monsters as Adolph Hitler. I have no doubt that he was every bit as determined by genetics and environment as I am, and doubtless was born with something terribly wrong, organically wrong, with his brain. To simply say "sinful nature" is as helpful as Aristotle saying "things fall to the ground because it's their nature to fall to the ground." It explains nothing. Too bad some Hitler DNA doesn't exist. It would probably be possible to pinpoint what was wrong with him. Heaven would be a much more interesting place with Adolph Hitler in it, grateful to a God that loved him regardless and who finally fixed the problem he was saddled with from birth. That would royally piss off the Pharisees such as yourself of course. All the better.

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Well said "heathen." Pat Robertson is certifiable and should be institutionalized. He is very much like Hitler and probably suffers from a similar organic defect of the brain. That he is free to spew his venomous hatred over the airwaves is a testament to freedom of speech.

• heathen
    heathen
    organic defect of the brain

LOL . I don't think he's as bad as hiltler was because he isn't in control of government but he probly would send US troops to God forsaken parts of the planet believing he's fighting the good fight . Lots of tyranny in the world today . I cringe everytime I hear zionist statements from those types . John Hagee has people believing they have to send a jew to jerusalem to receive some sort of blessing. They are clearly sick and probly have Sh$t for brains...............

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Shiite for brains. Agreed. Too bad everyone can't have an NDE. It would certainly sweep religion off the earth. Even Robertsons religion. I was thinking today if there is any safe way to induce a full-on NDE without putting the subject in jeopardy. I can't think of any way to do it. The final truth is unconditional love. Something I have to learn too!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Hi greendawn. I like your attitude. Hopefully, some of your descendants will be among the slaughtered. It's only fitting given your positive attitude toward it.

You f'n kill me FNB! Love that sense of humour! You're a welcome addition to the JWD.

Nvr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit