THE GOD WHO WASN'T THERE

by FireNBandits 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Ex-Christian fundamentalist Brian Fleming shines an unflinching spotlight on Christianity and the supposed historical existence of Jesus Christ, demonstarting that no such man ever existed in history. Rather, the earliest forms of Christianity, just as the Mystery religions, believed in a spiritual Christ--the Logos an emanation of God that is the divine Reason in man and nature--and a spiritual death and resurrection of the spiritual Logos. The evidence, the logic, and the compelling arguments are simply too much for fundamentalists, so please protect your mind and faith from this video at all costs if you're a fundamentalist. Run from it if you see it coming down the street toward you. Hide from it. Pray that it will go away.

Fleming also documents the alarming rise of the angry mob of fundamentalist Christians in America who wish to force their religion upon all of us. They wish to burn books, execute gays and lesbians, and pretty much rule the world "with a rod of iron." The same iron rod with which Christendom once ruled the world in an earlier time we call The Dark Ages. Certifiably insane people such as Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell are spotlighted as are the ugly--and unspoken--teachings of Jesus such as: "But those enemies of mine who didnot want me to be King over them—bring them here and slay them in front of me." (JESUS in Luke 19:27, in a story about his first and second coming)

The track record on "truth" by Christianity is examined, such as their once solid stance that the earth is flat, is the center of the universe, the sun and planets and stars revolve around the earth, and the universe was made in six days (and God rested on the seventh). These are the same people who insist that Jesus is historical, Adam and Eve are literal science and history rather than allegory. Thse same people are trying to force creationism into public schools.

I give this film six stars and two thumbs way up. It only runs 62 minutes, but there are extras, such as extended interviews with Earl Doherty and Robert M. Price. If you're a Freethinker, atheist, agnostic, or simply a spiritual person rather than religious, you will enjoy this DVD very much. If you can convince a fundamentalist or two to watch without stopping their ears and running away shouting "blasphemy!" (You know, acting the way WE did when we were Dubs) all the better. -Saint Martin the Inquirer

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for the reminder to see this FNB.

Looks fascinating.

Nvr

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Thank you for the review, Fire, can't wait to watch it.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

"I deny the holy spirit!" lmao

I agree. This was a good one, but he could have done a lot more with it. I found it to have an abrupt ending.

Kwin

• needproof
    needproof

Seen this, liked it.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

sweet...just added to my q in Netflix

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Any documentary that asserts that Jesus was never a historical figure is about as hopelessly biased as a raving evangelist telling you that you'll burn in hell for not believing.

There is hardly a single reputable scholar or historian who denies that Jesus was a real person, whatever you make of the new testament.

"The evidence, the logic, and the compelling arguments are simply too much for fundamentalists, so please protect your mind and faith from this video at all costs if you're a fundamentalist."

Really? Don't make me laugh.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Any documentary that asserts that Jesus was never a historical figure is about as hopelessly biased as a raving evangelist telling you that you'll burn in hell for not believing.

There is hardly a single reputable scholar or historian who denies that Jesus was a real person, whatever you make of the new testament.

"The evidence, the logic, and the compelling arguments are simply too much for fundamentalists, so please protect your mind and faith from this video at all costs if you're a fundamentalist."

Really? Don't make me laugh.

Don't kill it for me yaddayadda! I didn't even get to watch it yet. LOL!

Nvr

• Kaput
    Kaput

Rent it. Don't buy it.

• daystar
    daystar

I agree with Kaput. It's... okay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit