HELPING DANSK!

by Dansk 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thanks for the info Crazyblondeb. I've learnt something myself from that!

For anyone concerned over side-effects let me assure you they are rare. Side-effects have to be listed, but they seldom occur.

Ian

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I'm glad you shared this with us Ian.

I don't know what I can really do for you being that i'm in the states, but I'm glad to have been given awareness of this issue.

My thoughts and prayers are with you

-Drew

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I don't know what I can really do for you being that i'm in the states,
    Are donors matched only against American patients? No, the patient could be anywhere in the world. Many, many American patients have
    found donors from International donor sources. www.abmdr.org

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

I'm looking into this right now, Ian. I am already an organ donor, but I hadn't thought about this.
    If I am suitable, I will definitely apply to donate.
    Thanks for the insight. We are thinking of you and your family, you are very brave!
    All the best,
    DNC xxx

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I am disqualified as a donor for several reasons, but I am going to contact my daughter at college and see if she can get some type of "donor drive" or something going! Think of all the young, healthy, idealistic kids running around there! And fyi, not all college kids drink! So there should be plenty of students qualified to donate.

Thanks for keeping us posted on what we can do to help, Ian.

GGG

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

bttt

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thanks again to EVERYONE who has made extremely kind gestures by checking out what they can do to become stem cell donors. You people really are the greatest. You may not be a match for me but you could well save someone else's life - and THAT has got to be worth doing!

I had a great Good Friday. Claire and I went to North Yorkshire. We started off in Thirsk and then drove right across to Wensleydale. We shopped in both places and came back with plenty of cheese from the latter!

Today I managed to do a bit of gardening. My feet are still giving me gip and I don't have as much energy as I used to due to all the treatment I've had. I'm hoping a stem cell transplant will bring me respite for ever.

Please do consider being a stem cell donor. The procedure is simple, much information is published above. One day it could be YOU who needs the stem cells!

I really am over come with the amount of loving concern shown! (((((((((())))))))))

Ian

• done4good
    done4good

Ian,

I will look into these locally. I doubt anything I do here would actually make it to the UK, but it is indeed a good thing to do regardless.

j

• Gerard
    Gerard

All the best.

Gerard

• horrible life
    horrible life

The National Marrow Donor Program http://www.marrow.org/ In my opinion, has the wrong name. I think it should be called

GLOBAL MARROW DONOR PROGRAM.

I joined about 10 years ago. All I had to do, was have a blood test. 1 very small vial. Took 5 minutes for the paperwork, and 30 seconds for the blood.

I just looked on their website, and they have over 10,000,000 potential donors. I get a newsletter once in awhile, and I always dream of being called. Can you IMAGINE the feeling of being able to help someone. Now I'm am on the organ donation list, but this is soooo different. You are ALIVE!!!!!!! And you can help!!!! You get to have warm fuzzies, and FEEL them!!!!!

Sorry, but if you are a match for Ian, you don't get to fly overseas, to give. It will be taken at one of the nearby centers. So no vacation, and get to meet him, in person. But I bet he would call you!!!!

If you don't have transportation to a center to get tested, I just read that you can send for a at home test kit, (NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DRAW YOUR OWN BLOOD) Now you can use a Q-Tip and swab your inside cheek!!!!!!! What will they think of next!!!!!

So in conclusion, there is no excuse for everybody who qualifies, to run,walk,drive, crawl, or mail off a letter, to be a donor. I haven't been called yet. I have warm fuzzies thinking I could be Ian's donor, But if not, I would be in HOG HEAVEN if they called me for anybody else in the WORLD!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit