WE didn't go to the Memorial last night!!!

by Gill 18 Replies latest jw friends

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

This was my first year not going since I was born, and I didn't feel ANYTHING, not confused or guilty or anxious or happy - just numb, or maybe indifferent. Glad to hear you had a lovely time though *grin*

• Gill
    Gill

Brunnhilde - It gets better and easier every year! We haven't been for six years!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I enjoyed a pleasant evening, too. I helped a friend get his house in order, ready for selling; and then went home to watch a movie. Nice

• Gill
    Gill

LT - That sounds Cool!

It just seems that while those who profess christianity other than JWs partake of the emblems in their celebrations, it makes sense. The bizarre ritual of passing full plates and cups round and no one taking anything is just plain nonsensical, odd, and even crazy. Even when a JW child and adult, it all made no sense and seemed farsical!

Far better to be away from such silliness and even better to recognise the Watchtower society and its perverted party tricks for what they are, just a sales pitch.

• Tristram
    Tristram
    Don't the Jehovah's Witnesses always have a different date from the rest of the world? Aren't they always the ONLT right/correct ones?

I think they got it right this year, at least in line with most mainstream/ orthodox judaism. Maybe "got it right" is too strong. They just lucked out.

• juni
    juni

Love to all of you guys/gals!

Yeppers. Sounds like we all performed "evil worldly acts" last night. hee hee

Juni

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

This was the second Memorial I did not attend. Last night around 7 I took the dogs for a walk, a nice long walk! lol Then had a nice long conversation with a good friend.

I was a bit concerned this year that hubby might want to go - his mother gave him an invite, and there was another one in our door a couple of weeks ago. Plus he mentioned going to my brother on the weekend. My brother just said - what you're going!!?? and laughed. Hubby didn't bring it up again.

Didn't miss going in the least!

BB

• Dagney
    Dagney

I liked your answer Gill:

The answer I have now for anyone who invites us to the Kingdom Hall is, 'What do you think will happen if we don't go?' Invariably they get confused, because obviously they think we're bird food if we don't go but of course can't say that for fear of sounding insane, and they will answer 'Nothing!' Then I say, 'In that case there's no need for us to go then, is there?'

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I stayed home myself. Reason? I had laundry to do!

In all honesty, the reason I went last year was to snub my family - which I did. I made sure that I wasn't going for them, or because of them.

This year, I felt no reason to go. I wasn't apart of that religion and my family isn't apart of me. Those who still contact me are either "disfellowshipped" or "fade aways". Why should I give them the satisfaction of believing in a small miracle of hope, that I may return and submit to their rules?

What I did last night? I grilled out on a sunny mid afternoon, while my children played in the back yard. Hearing their laughter and childlike conversations, made me sigh with a pleased peaceful sigh. I knew, in my heart I will never go back. My kids and I spent the night together watching movies and eating popcorn. The 3 of us fell asleep on the couch last night too! (lol) I got more out of that, then sitting in the Kingdom Hall listening to some mind numbing moron talk about "Jesus."

I'm going to Church on Sunday with my Dad and my kids! It's a non-denominational church. Then we'll have an Easter egg hunt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit