WE didn't go to the Memorial last night!!!

by Gill 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

We didn't go to the Memorial last night.

Husband and self went to Sainsburys and bought easter eggs for the kids and we bought the DVDs of 'A Night in The Museum' and 'Flushed Away'.

Easter egg consumption will commence on sunday as with the usual pagan ritual.

Films have already been watched, enjoyed and watched again.

We went shopping half an hour before the memorial was due to start so that any JWs going past would see we were consumed in our worldly pleasures!!

We also bought a load of reduced 'danish' and us and kids ate them with relish with a nice cup o' tea!

Ah! Life is grand when you're not involved in a mind control cult obsessed with death and Armageddon and fear and judging eachother and just plain misery!

• Honesty
    Honesty

At least you had fun on Nisan 15.

CLICK HERE

• Gill
    Gill

Honesty - Yes we had fun! Sorry can't get on your link.

• Zico
    Zico

There's always the 'Special' talk on April 15th.

At least you had fun on Nisan 15.

Did they get the date wrong Honesty?

• Gill
    Gill

Zico - No 'special talk' for this family!!!

The answer I have now for anyone who invites us to the Kingdom Hall is, 'What do you think will happen if we don't go?' Invariably they get confused, because obviously they think we're bird food if we don't go but of course can't say that for fear of sounding insane, and they will answer 'Nothing!' Then I say, 'In that case there's no need for us to go then, is there?'

Stumped Jehovah's Witnesses is my favourite sight in life. They rarely ask again and if they do, we just go through the same routine again. We get there in the end!

• Gill
    Gill

Don't the Jehovah's Witnesses always have a different date from the rest of the world? Aren't they always the ONLT right/correct ones?

• juni
    juni

Hi Gill!

I will be making my grandchildrens' baskets today. Then delivering them on Sat/Sun.

My one granddaughter got scared w/parts of Flushed Away. lol I didn't see it w/her so was just listening to her "complaints". She's 4. What a little drama queen!

I will buying two copies of "Charlotte's Web" today as they were just released today in the US. Looks to be a cute movie. They are for b/day gifts this month.

Sounds like you are enjoying life! That's great!

Hugs w/love, Juni

PS I haven't been to the Memorial for many years. Tried to for the first two years while out, but it wasn't meaningful anymore for me. I found myself crying and in a bad way emotionally. So I have put that behind me. I did go outside and enjoy the full moon. Beautiful evening!

• Gill
    Gill

Juni - Like you, life is about living and being a good person simply because you ARE a good person, not because of a silly book company!

I came to the realisation that to JWs the Memorial is like a superstition. If they miss the Memorial they are afraid or uncomfortable for the rest of the year. They really daren't miss it. As with all phobias, you have to take that first step and let what you fear happen, 'Miss the Memorial', then see that nothing bad will happen. It gets easier and easier year after year.

Take Care, Juni! Hugs from Gill

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

Yeah, I skipped it too. Went shopping to buy dd an Easter dress instead.

• Gill
    Gill

Tiny - That's the way to go! Be happy. There really is nothing to fear in missing a memorial!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit