MY OBSERVATIONS FROM THE MEMORIAL TONIGHT (just got home)

by Mary 57 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

He's got a point, Mary. Maybe you should cover some of that up?

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Mary, I'll go to the memorial with you anytime.

• Dagney
    Dagney

So it sounds like nothing more than the "same o same o".

I thought I read somewhere here they were working from a new outline.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I went.. just got home. It was at the KH this year, which was making me nervous, because the last 2 Memorials were at a local school, and I haven't stepped foot in a KH for about 2 years.

What I noticed most was the prayers they said - 4 in all. Not a bit of heartfelt feeling in any of them, especially the one where the guy forgot who he was talking to apparantly, because he spoke about the sacrifice that Jesus made and how we needed to show our appreciation to Jehovah .... and I'm thinking, this is supposed to be a prayer??!

All in all the same old crap, but I felt different about it this year. I felt like I was on the outside looking in and really seeing how wrong it all is, instead of being intimidated and feeling like everyone was judging me. I couldn't care less what they think.

GGG

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Why did you go?

• zack
    zack

Jesus was actually mentioned 4 times at the memorial I attended: at the end of every prayer.

Seriously, I can't beleive I didn't see through it all sooner. Jesus was hardly in the picture. No warmth or affection or affinity of any kind for Jesus. The first 20

minutes was about WHO DID NOT PARTAKE and why, etc.... and then, like at your's Mary, faith in Christ was said to be demonstrated by going

to all the "Christian" meetings....(I was like, Christian? NO ONE here partook! No one here is a christian!) Preaching and selling WT literature, and of course,

obedience to the slave, the remnant yet on Earth. BARF! Same old, same old.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Well it has been 6 years ago that I attended my last Memorial. It was right after the March death of my middle son. I still remember it vividly. Sitting there numb with the most horrific pain trying to give a flip for the whole process. Our other two sons sat there stricken it had been only about 3 weeks since their brother had died.

My children's father used to take all three of our sons for a midnight hike right after the memorial every year since they were big enough to walk in the dark on a moon lighted night. It was a special treat he liked sharing with the boys, trying to make it special. Well tonight he is thinking about that. Right now he would have been headed out to do that with his sons and perhaps adding his grandson. Only His life took a total nose dive with that event of Dak dying. We're all disfellowshipped that is my son's and I are. 6 years ago my ex-husbands life unraveled over the blood, and auto accident, a death of his middle son. I wonder what he is thinking tonight. I hope he is crying over his loss, because he hassened our son's death by refusing precious live giving blood. A heart attack tonight would be a good reminder.

Funny thing is I know he blames me for it all falling apart because I finally realized the WTS had lied to us all along about blood, then the Memorial lies, then all the other lies piled up.

Odd thing is that it all seems like it happened to someone else and not me.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Amazing how different it seems when you listen with your eyes open.

Outline:

We should remember Jesus...(last mention of Jesus)

Blah, Blah- 2 classes

Blah, Blah- works most important

Blah, Blah- dont partake

Little bit more about Jesus

Obey the FDS. Go to meetings. Feel guilty.

The end.

It seems like there should be so much more meaning to this all....

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

"...If a husband and wife celebrate their wedding anniversary, they might invite their children and friends to attend, but that doesn't mean that they're part of the marriage arrangement." Yes, you read that right the first time. What a stupid, dumb illustration. If a husband and wife had an anniversary party, would they invite their kids and friends to attend and then not let them partake of the banquet?!! Jezus.....what a bozo...........

LMAO Mary!! Great example.

All the years I spent at church services for Easter Sunday, I must say that JESUS was at least the primary/only emphasis and not the people running that or ANY church.

• Numinous
    Numinous

THE FIRST MEMORIAL AFTER I QUIT I SPENT AN HOUR PULLING A MELTED TURKEY OUT OF A RAINBARREL (I PUT IT OUT THERE IN THE WINTER BECAUSE THE FREEZER WAS FULL), THEN TRYING TO SET IT UP SO IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS READING A WATCHTOWER. I CROSSED IT'S LEGS, STUCK TOOTHPICKS THROUGH THE WT ONTO IT'S LITTLE "HANDS"...MAN...THAT JUST SAID IT ALL FOR ME. A HEADLESS TURKEY. THE IDEA WAS TO PUT IT ON THE KINGDOM HALL SIGN, BUT "FEAR OF MAN" GOT TO ME. TOO BAD.

MY MOST MEMORABLE MEMORIAL (REDUNDANT?) WOULD BE WHEN I WENT TO NEW YORK TO VISIT BETHEL AND THERE WAS A BABY SUCKING ON A BOTTLE REALLY LOUD BEHIND ME, A FUNNY LOOK FROM A TEENAGE BOY THAT THOUGHT THAT SOUND WAS FUNNY, AND MY SPENDING SERIOUS TIME TRYING NOT TO LAUGH AT THE JUXTAPOSION OF THE TWO...SUPPOSED TO BE PAYING ATTENTION!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit