DF for celebrating Birthdays??

by lrkr 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lrkr
    lrkr

Has anyone ever heard of someone being DFd for celebrating their or their childrens birthday???

(My first post- took a lot to work up the courage- I'll tell more details later)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Has anyone ever heard of someone being DFd for celebrating their or their childrens birthday???

(My first post- took a lot to work up the courage- I'll tell more details later)

No. Welcome to the board lrkr. Congrats on finding the courage. I was there myself just a short while ago.

Success,

Nvr

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

How can you get DF'D if the Bible says its OK. Look up Col 2:16. I rest my case.

The Claw.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

How can you get DF'D if the Bible says its OK. Look up Col 2:16. I rest my case.

The Claw.

Real good one claw ! Why do I always forget that scripture? It could not be any more clear.

Nvr

• Es
    Es

Hi there and welcome to the board.

Yes I was D\F for celebrating birthdays and Christmas. When I say D\F I sent my D\A letter 2 years ago which the elders ignored, and then when they found out I celebrated those things my dad an elder rang to confirm and then that week I was announced as no longer being a JW

All the best

es

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hi, and welcome.

I know someone who was disfellowshipped for sending his mother a birthday card because he loved the poem inside.

It wasn't even her birthday!

steve

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Hi, and welcome.

I know someone who was disfellowshipped for sending his mother a birthday card because he loved the poem inside.

It wasn't even her birthday!

steve

WTF? steve. That's simply ludicrous.

Nvr

• kid-A
    kid-A

If they caught you doing it once, you would most likely get hauled before the goon squad and severely disciplined, but not DFd.

However, if you continued to engage in such "pagan" activities, despite warnings, you would definitely be DF'd....

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

The Claw.

WOW. I just looked it up. What an awesome point.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Welcome to JWD. We all started at some point and it is good to see that you have started posting and before you know it you'll start posting all the time, because you won't be able to controls yourself, this place is addictive.

I always secretly celebrated my birthday with goodies and going out or having something special and I also celebrated christmas and my whole family knew and my dad was an elder but I never had decorations or the such but had reds and greens and tartans all over my home during the holidays. just all the yummy christmas treats I could find and many times my parents use to say to me, it is like christmas and I'd say no it isn't its just a great time for our family to have a good evening of association. Then I say God made all those beautiful colours and to me there is nothing wrong with them. I swear they knew in their hearts as I knew in mine it was really my way of celebrating Christmas.

and I know alot of JW's who do the same thing and on the 26th they'd give their children gifts, so it was christmas , with a twist.

orangefatcat is no dummy, I am a cat. Cats rule dogs drool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit