Watchtower to Sell Standish Arms

by moomanchu 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I didn't see this posted by any one else soooooo ........

http://brooklynheightsblog.com/archives/982

They're cashin in the real estate for mo money, mo money, mo money.

moo who wishes he had mo.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Instead of saying "there goes the neighborhood", many Brooklyn Heights residents must be saying "here comes the old neighborhood back again!"

• Gerard
    Gerard

I have been unable to find again this article where NY City officials were anoyed at the WT for dogging millions in taxes from prime real state locations. The move of operations out of town and selling off may have something to do with that.

• juni
    juni

They are "sly as a fox". But I'm sure to them this is theocratic strategy. They'll put some sort of spin on it.

Juni

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I just wonder why selling a hotel is placed under "Scandals" ?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The text of the story, in case the link evaporates:

Watchtower to Sell Standish Arms

The Brooklyn Eagle reports today that the Watchtower will soon announce plans to sell the Standish Arms Hotel on Columbia Heights:

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society —the Jehovah’s Witnesses — will be offering for sale the large property it owns at 169-171 Columbia Heights, formerly the Standish Arms Hotel, this newspaper has learned from several sources.

The Witnesses have owned this 12-story, 75-foot-wide building since 1988 and have used it for residential purposes for their personnel. A spokesperson for the Watchtower said he could make no comment right now, but added that ther may be an official statement next week.

Neighborhood residents and business people reached by the Eagle were surprised at the specific news, but not about the divestiture in general. The Watchtower has been in the process of reorganizing its operations, transferring many of them to facilities in upstate New York.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    I just wonder why selling a hotel is placed under "Scandals" ?

What's wrong with posting it under Watchtower society - scandals and coverups? These type of things usually are a big secret to most of the dubs.

Where would be better? Why?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Last i heard, they're still planning on building in the DUMBO area right???

Why dodge taxes on old property when you can dodge them in a new building??

Plus, they'll get the Standish back after armageddon... Right?

I wonder what they're doing with all the tunnels?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well no suprise to me at all

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi RichieRich

I'm clueless about the tunnels. Could you clue me in? I'm fascinated by caves and tunnels. -Martin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit