I think I did a really bad thing.

by emilyblue 83 Replies latest social relationships

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

To emilyblue:

Now that you've put in your notice to quit your teaching job effective the end of this semester, watch him now try to follow you, as if his job prospects might improve, or as if he can prevent disaster following him. No, now that you've said your piece to your study conductor, he'll be facing his music in short order from his congo, if he hasn't already had to face it. If you keep your Bible study up where you go, you'll have the best protection from him. I wish you all the best putting Jehovah in the hole in your heart, rather than bemoaning your loss and being a sucker again on the rebound. Men have to earn respect and trust by taking their lumps like men should, rather than trying to get you to take their sorry side, even if they do make you laugh sometimes.

• penny2
    penny2
    I turned in my letter of resignation at my job today, effective at the end of this school year.

This can't happen soon enough. You need to get away from this man as soon as possible. Don't leave your forwarding address. Change your cell phone number. In fact, don't even tell him you are going. JUST BE GONE. And do whatever it takes to get him off your mind.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi emilyblue,

Having read through this thread, I am in complete agreement with Penny here:

Don't leave your forwarding address. Change your cell phone number. In fact, don't even tell him you are going. JUST BE GONE. And do whatever it takes to get him off your mind.

In addition, you indicated in some of your posts that you studied with jws because your boyfriend wanted you to. My advice is to not just drop this man, drop the study and any association with the jws as well. I don't know how you feel about the watchtower, but I can assure you, if you become a jw you will be merely exchanging one controlling, abusive relationship for another one.

Good luck with your move, and your future life. You deserve far better than this man, or his religion, has to offer you.

dedpoet

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    If you keep your Bible study up where you go, you'll have the best protection from him.

emilyblue--- Fred means well, but this statement is absolutely, unequivocally UNTRUE!!! I trusted in this fallacy--of protection within the loving bounds of the organization/ congregation/ elder body arrangement--and found that just the opposite held true: The expectation is that a "Christian" woman will take all manner of abuse from her errant husband in the "loving" hopes that he will eventually be moved to 'put on the new personality' and begin to apply the fruitages of the spirit...'that he may be won without a word.' [I'm too lazy to go get the citations for these scriptures...you can look them up in the index if you want.]

THERE IS NO PROTECTION FOR THE SISTERS WITHIN THIS ORGANIZATION.... The abusers are shielded, and the women are handed over like sacrificial lambs to these wolves in sheep's clothing.

Hope you are doing well.

J-ex-W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit