What happens at the Memorial?

by emilyblue 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gerard
    Gerard

The only 2 times I went with my wife, both times I almost broke down in laughter when the speaker rambled on with something about "not contaminating ourselves with a woman."

So there you have it: women are TOXIC. Seems like Jeehover said so.

Oh, yes. And a bunch of dudes walking up and down the corridors, counting people, wispering between themselves and in general, trying very hard to look bussy.

• Clam
    Clam

There's another Memorial as well.

The Watchtower Victims Memorial is dedicated to the memory of Jehovah's Witnesses and their minor children who died as a result of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's organizational decrees banning blood transfusions, organ transplants, skin grafts and vaccinations.

Clam

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ignore poor Mad. He has no idea what goes on in a real church.

The public talk will be all about why you should NOT partake. Oooh, fun.

If you want to blend in the background, wear a dress that comes to mid-calf, stockings, and sensible pumps. If you want to stand out, dress goth. All will be accepted, because this is the premiere time of year when witnesses drag out householders, studies, and disenfranchised relatives.

The wine will be in a single cup instead of the little plastic sippy cups you see in church. Because, of course, no-one will really partake.

There will be an invitation at the end to come to the very exciting life-saving message the following Sunday. Oooh, fun.

• heathen
    heathen

If you have some elders like the ones around here, they will try to slip their personal opinion in somewhere , it's your job to notice if you can remain conscious long enough and then post on the board about it . I'm tempted to go myself but really think the whole thing is a form of idolotry and there's now way I'm eating and drinking after all those people pass it around handling it even tho I was never a dubby anyway. The point is to eat and drink, not discuss why you're not worthy of the free gift of christs sacrifice.

• Sasha
    Sasha

All the women dress up "special" like sort of Easter Outfits. That they will not be wearing on Easter. I have even seen some in gowns. There is a discourse on Jesus, some scripture is read relating to the "last supper" And Jesus quoting to "Do this in rememberance of me" But you can't partake on the emblems (Matzo and wine) unless you are one of the "annointed" And they know who they are. There's not many left of the 144,000 alive to do this. They come out this one day for this occasion. According to Ray Franz, that is ALL they do! I plan to have a glass of Red wine and a Matzo at 7:30 this evening and read those scriptures alone, and partake myself at home.

• TopHat
    TopHat

To add this to what everybody else has said:

The Wine is passed around in a wine glass...not a wine bottle. Just so you know. The matzos are passed around in a plate....not a Matzo box.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Did you go? If so, what did you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit