What happens at the Memorial?

by emilyblue 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• emilyblue
    emilyblue

Can someone tell me what exactly to expect at the Memorial thing tonight? I have never been and don't really want to go, but I also want to satisfy my curiosity about what happens there. I know I can't eat the bread or drink the wine. What exactly are the emblems I've read about? How long does it last? Please tell me not for 2 hours. Thank you for any info!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It lasts about 45 minutes to 1 hour. You'll find yourself daydreaming about being at home doing something else. They'll pray for the crackers, then pass them around. Then they'll pray for the wine, then pass them around. You'll go home knowing that you wasted your evening, and the elders will get drunk on the wine you didn't get to drink. The End.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

They will tell you not to eat the bread or drink the wine, but they're just testing you.

When they pass the "emblems", you really neeed to partake, it's what they really want you to do.

BA

• Gill
    Gill

First you walk into the foyer and see a 'striking display' of Watchtower products which you might like to contribute towards.

You go into the hall and are love bombed sometimes, or you may just be smiled at by a few or perhaps even ignored.

Meeting starts with a song and prayer. There's a short talk, a prayer, scriptures are read as the 'bread' is passed round of which you just pass the plate along and do NOT eat unless you are 'annointed.' Same routine with the wine. A prayer is said, scriptures read as the wine is passed round of which you do NOT drink unless you are 'annointed.' Then, there's a quick sales pitch. Song, prayer end of meeting. Taraa, goodbye tatybye until next year!!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Expect a lot of smiling faces and remember what the song says about smiling faces

Smiling faces, smiling faces, tell lies.

abr

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Yeah -what Gill said!

if you want to draw attention to yourself, wear trousers (pants) rather than a skirt or dress - that sure gets you some looks from the bouncer guys

• Mad
    Mad

EmilyBlue asked: Can someone tell me what exactly to expect at the Memorial thing tonight? I have never been and don't really want to go, but I also want to satisfy my curiosity about what happens there. I know I can't eat the bread or drink the wine. What exactly are the emblems I've read about? How long does it last? Please tell me not for 2 hours. Thank you for any info!

Mad writes: It's less than an hour. No entertainment, hype, or 'gospel singing'. No Easter Bunnies, or Easter Egg hunt. Just a serious review of how & why Christ died, what it accomplished- then a sales pitch to start a Bible Study. (Good intentions- poor taste!) The "emblems" are for those who will be ruling with Christ (he states that covenant with the Apostles.The many other disciples weren't invited.)

I admire you for your courageous curiosity- altho there is nothing to fear!

Agape,

Mad

• carla
    carla

It's not called "The Reject Jesus Memorial" for nothing!

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

You'll hear a dry, emotionless talk comprising the following: about 5 mins concerning the person of Jesus Christ and what he experienced on the night of his death, and 40 mins about a complicated and unconvincing doctrine about something to do with the ransom, a little flock, 144,000, new covenant, other sheep, with lots of annoying scripture turning.

All interspersed with some perfunctory prayers, strange silences, very serious and business-like looking men getting up and down, and some nice smelling wine and dried up, flat old bread being passed around, all of which is dutifully ignored by everyone in attendance and handed on without so much as a sip or nibble.

That completely sums it up.

• badboy
    badboy

BASICALLY THEY PASS THE PARCEL,WITH HARDLY IANYONE PARTAKING

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit