Elder stopped by yesterday....

by drew sagan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I LOVE that response, Drew! I mean, what are they going to say?

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I wouldn't be so hard on the guy. He actually sounds like a half-decent elder. He is trying to get out there and reach ones who have left, doing what a shepherd is supposed to do (whether or not they want it). At least he is somehow showing he is thinking about you and maybe even cares a little. And isn't it a good thing that he phoned and didn't mention the organisation or meetings once? I suppose I'll get flamed for saying all this.

We hate them when they visit us and hate them when they ignore us. We hate them when they always talk about the organisation and hate them when they don't mention it. The poor bastards can't win.

• bluebell
    bluebell

good answer drew

yadda - i know what u mean - spose it just depends if he was told to not call whether he'd listen. i wanted someone to call when my nan died, id stopped meetings about a year, maybe less but didn't hear a peep out of anyone, and i kinda just wanted to know someone was thinking of me, but most of the time i dont want them bothering me.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hey Drew,

I think it just really bothers the Elders when a person won't just come out and say why they won't come to meetings or aren't active. I recall when my now ex-husband was an Elder he would run into to people who would give him such comments and it just tormented the heck out of him. He just could not get it why anyone could walk away and not want to be a JW. Today I think it is funny as heck to play with their heads. LOL Good going.

Ruth

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I think it doesnt matter what comes out of a JWs mouth or doesnt...they represent something that is quintessentially a burr in your underwear and cant be anything BUT irritating!

"I dont want to" actually was the answer my kids gave my husband this year when he asked...and he actually just ACCEPTED that! Progress!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    "I dont want to"

excellent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit