The Best Email I have Ever Gotten - From a Jw student....

by AK - Jeff 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good job Jeff!!!

Maybe MAD is mad because he can't "see the light"???? Sitting in all those boring meetings, knocking on doors, not having a life, and constantly being told what to do, is enough to make you MAD!!!!! But don't take it out on JWD, you always have the option to not log on!!

nj

• Mad
    Mad

Well, BB- I guess it's because I LIKE Jeff (we go back and forth!)- and it goes beyond ridiculing the WTBS to discourage from studying the Bible! I wasn't attacking- just putting my 2 cents in! Anything wrong with THAT?

the Mad JW

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mad - of course all opinions are welcome here.

I absolutely would not ever discourage study of the Bible, my fencing partner. As stated.

I would not be the good apostate that I am if I did not discourage WTS activities on all levels. Reputation is as stake.

Jeff

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

Congratulations Jeff. I know that email warmed your heart, as well it should. We all have different reasons for sharing our stories, and knowing that yours has helped someone else makes it all worth it.

And I didn't see anywhere in the email where the writer indicated that he would cease his study of the Bible, only his study with the JWs, so I'm not sure what the dissent is about.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

what JWs and other religious extremists forget is that we didn't sign on to follow their rules. If a person wants to relate his personal experience on the internet, that's freedom of speech, something JWs definitely do not believe in. If another person reads this experience and it helps him to make up his mind where he had doubts, well, that is free will. Another thing JWs don't really believe in. and if the first guy is happy he helped the second guy, well that's human kindness, something else JWs don't practice although they talk about being kind. I don't get why a practicing JW would hang out on a forum that consists mostly of people who can't stand the WTBTS.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I wasn't attacking- just putting my 2 cents in! Anything wrong with THAT?

the Mad JW

Nope. Totally fair enough, Brother Mad.

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Mad, are you serious? Jesus. The kid was probably prevented from becoming a JW! Hello! Being a Dub means MIND CONTROL and an effed up life. Being a Catholic or Baptist isn't anything at all like it. Sheesh. When you're done over reacting smoke a bowl and enjoy some sunshine.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Mad,

You have a PM.

—AuldSoul

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Excellent Jeff, many more will read your story.

I just got a letter from a 23 year old who has been in an Aussie prison for 8 years, and who studied with the dubs. He is now a Christian and wanted more info. Will send what I can.

Randy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I read an inspiring quote. I forget the exact words but the general gist is:

If I have helped one person, my life had meaning.

Jeff, telling your personal story definitely gave meaning to your life.

POST ON WITH THE STORY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit