Shhh...the witnesses are at the door!

by chrissee 15 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Warlock: Just curious....how long do they usually stay?

• Honesty
    Honesty

I wish the JW's would come to my door.

I have a few questions for them.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    However, there are probably OTHER motives for you posting something so vain...

How judgmental was THAT!!!

Maybe SOME people don't like being caught off guard by OTHER PEOPLE they KNOW do not always have the best intentions! Those known for asking pesky QUESTIONS and all.....

After many MANY months of illness and being laid up and in a wheelchair---and ONLY being called by the brothers to get my TIME report for that month...I wrote a letter in disgust to the PO to tell him I did not WANT any visits---the "love" of the brotherhood was in their imagination and tha I had some THINKING TO DO as far as my continued association with this organization......

And from then on I had to beat these men off with a club! Day and night they banged on the door. ALWAYS after my nonJW hubby left for work! They then had the NERVE to go to his workplace (a retail store) and demand that I call them!

I have zero respect for these men and I don't feel they deserve it anyway.

If someone WISHES to speak to THEM......we know where to FIND them.

BTW....what on earth made you say Chrissee was VAIN for not answering her own door?

That remark says more about YOU than it does about HER.

Annie

• exwitless
    exwitless

Chrissee - pay no attention to the MAD man. He has his OWN motives for what he posts here. Do not feel like you're being a coward or chicken or anything else negative by "hiding" from the JWs. My husband and I had to do that in the months before we DA'd because it was every weekend and sometimes during the week that certain elders and their wives would knock on the door. We had nothing to say to them, and we certainly did not want to "study" with them as they kept asking us to do.

During our times of hiding, I felt a little guilty at first. Then I came to the conclusion in my mind that I am under absolutely NO obligation to answer the phone or the door just because someone decided to call or knock. It's my home, and my phone, and I can choose to answer or not. It certainly helps ease the pressure and guilt if you approach things this way. It's a little annoying, knowing they're out there waiting forever for you to come to the door, but don't let them make you feel bad for not answering. By the way, the day we sent our DA letter, all of the annoying calls and visits came to a screeching halt. Haven't heard a word from them since September; I'm loving the peace and quiet.

• chrissee
    chrissee

Thanks exwitless & sunspot - I kind of thought MAD was a little harsh with his words -

And your right too - It's my house! I don't have to open the door if I don't want to!

It was kind of ironic because I looked in the mirror that very morning and said to myself - I don't have to do my hair, I'm not getting any company today! and wha-la! company!

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I hide from them too, dont feel bad.

You dont have to talk to them. It's your house, they are the intruders. They are the ones who just show up at any hour, without the courtesy of calling to see if you are not busy.

If you wanted to talk to them, you would call them and have them over. simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit