Shhh...the witnesses are at the door!

by chrissee 15 Replies latest jw friends

• chrissee
    chrissee

2 witnesses from the KH stopped by today. I did the hide and not answer the door! I know, I'm a big chicken! It's been 5 or 6 years since any have been at my house!

I think it's because of the Memorial and the fact that my parents are in the area visiting from Florida, other wise I would not get a visit or phone call from anyone.

Something that ticked me off is that my husband was sleeping - he works 12 hour night shifts and he was sleeping - they woke him up when they rang the doorbell!! My mother knows that he is working this weekend and I sure as hell know that she knew about this - if she didn't I'm sure my dad knew! HOW IGNORANT!!!

As I said before I did the hide and not answer - They had to know I was here, both of our cars were parked out front. The dog was barking too - but I hid in the living room and when he started to quiet down I snapped my fingers so that he would come into the room. Good thing I didn't see them peeking into the front windows - I'd be caught!! It just makes me crazy!! No contact for the last 5 or 6 years and when my parents are around they start bugging me!!

If they had pressed the doorbell a second time - I think I would have gone to the door and told them something snotty!! I certainly wouldn't have asked them in - more like "I'm really busy and have no time for you!!"

Has anyone else done the hide & not answer?? Anyone answer after years of no contact?? And what happened?!

I will keep you all informed on whether my parents were in on this!

I'm thinking they were because my daughter just had her 14th birthday party and yesterday was her official B-day! and we kept mentioning it when we visited my parents.

• Mad
    Mad

WHAT in the world are you afraid of? Hypnotising rays beaming out of their eyes? If someone from ANY church comes to my door (happened twice in 30 years!), I will at least commend them for their courage & faith- then QUESTION them. If you've no desire to question- just shoo them off! However, there are probably OTHER motives for you posting something so vain...

Mad

• chrissee
    chrissee

Mad - Your active - you wouldn't understand -

• chrissee
    chrissee

there are probably OTHER motives for you posting something so vain...

And what do you mean by this??

• frozen one
    frozen one

I used to hide when witnesses came to the door. I didn't want to be hassled by them or anyone else selling religion. One day I was outside when an elderly gentlemen came up the stairs so I had no choice but to talk to him. I'm not from here originally, but it was apparent that he had been contacted by concerned relatives because he did know that I had been a witness at one time. We chatted a bit about the change in the 1914 generation doctrine and I asked some questions he couldn't answer. Saying he would do some research, he left. He didn't come back. It wasn't that big of a deal so now I answer the door when they come around. I never invite them (or any other door to door bible pusher) into the house, but I will go onto the porch and listen to the spiel. But if you don't want to answer the door for them or anyone else, it is your house and you can handle it anyway you want to. It isn't anyone else's business.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I get the shakes too...that's cause I am doing the fade and dont want to give up my doll ;-)

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

If I want to talk to them, I'm well aware of where the Kingdom Hall is. Next time I won't hide, but I won't answer the door either. Home, but definitely not hiding. And before you race to their defense, Mad, sometimes they're just a little TOO persistent, as was the "brother" who pounded on my back door and called and then went to the front door and pounded and called there too. He knew we were home and probably the only reason he left is because a friend was visiting with her large German shepherd who went nuts. That's not zealous, that's offensive and harassing and I'll be calling the police if it happens again.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I never hid, just opened the door, told them to go away and that if I ever wanted to be involved in their cult I knew where to find them. Also asked them to put me on the do not call list!!

I stopped being afraid of them 24 years ago, not even worth my time!

nj

• Nowman
    Nowman

I honestly am hoping they come to my door. They did when the tract campaign thing came out with the tract. It was an elderly woman with a child. I expected them to sound like me when I was a regular pioneer. Yet, this woman hardly said anything at all, nothing that would catch my attention. She said a little bit about the tract, took a few seconds. I was hoping she was going to ask me a few questions, like I used to. Like, are you a bible reader? She seemed like she was quick to leave...I was looking forward to a challenge.

Oh well, they'll come around, when it happens, I will let you know what happens.

Nikki

• Warlock
    Warlock

As for your husband, it might be wise to put a sign by your doorbell saying "Day Sleeper. DO NOT RING".

Personally, who ever comes to my door talking about religion gets an invite to come in and sit a spell, so we can talk about it.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit