Invisible Armeggedon??!!!

by Gretchen956 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Ok, In reading another thread, I came across this:

I'll never understand why I let them convince me that something so visible as "Armageddon" happened "invisibly"? Every thinking human being should of realized that this was bunk! And how many Armageddon's are there supposed to be. . . invisible or otherwise!?

When did this happen? Granted I've been out a long time, but I never heard of this! Good grief, this stuff gets more delusional by the minute! I know for a fact had I not left when I did and for the reason I did, that hearing this from the platform or reading it in the literature would just not have passed my bullshit test.

Sherry

• garybuss
  • garybuss
  • Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Thanks, Gary.. So, its referring to the invisible battle in the heavens where satan was kicked out (supposedly)?? I have never heard that battle referred to as Armeggedon. I thought that term was limited in use to the battle when god wipes the earth clean of everyone except JWs.

Sherry

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Wow, thanks for the link to Carl Sagan, I had not seen that before, that is awesome.

Sherry

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WHEW!

Glad you cleared THAT up!

I was afraid I had missed the invisible coming of Jesus when he handpicked the WTS as his fave religion, AND I missed the invisible armageddon TOO!

For a religion that claims it IS and HAS "the truth" and announces that ALL OTHERS are false.......it has a lot to answer for because it hasn't gotten one thing right since it began "interpreting scripture" and teaching speculation ON IT.....as if they know what they are talking about.

• robhic
    robhic

OK, I promise I am not saying or asking this to try to make anyone feel silly, but did they really write stuff like "The World Has Ended..." in a magazine that still existed in a world still existing and being read by a live person? Did they really do that?

I am not nor ever was a JW but this seems just so utterly ridiculous it makes me wonder how, after writing it, the writer didn't just shake his head, crumple up the paper and say "Oh, wow! What was I thinking?!?! That was just too stupid."

And people actually believed that the world had ended? Seems that after a quick look around at all the same old, same old and reassuring yourself that nothing had changed, the phrase "the world has ended" would have made you run away screaming.

It's absolutely amazing (and scary) at the control an organization can have on otherwise normal, intelligent people.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Thats why the light keeps getting "brighter" because the dimwits writing the books are the only ones seeing this invisible stuff. They have played it for 100 years.

Sherry

• blondie
    blondie

I do believe that until 1969 the WTS taught that the GT had started in 1914 but was interrupted in 1918 to start up again at a later time.

*** w51 3/15 p. 164 Time Better than Money ***

When Christ was enthroned, in 1914, great tribulation was started against Satan and his wicked world organization. If it had then proceeded to completion, no flesh would have been saved. But for the sake of human flesh that tribulation was shortened or cut short, to allow a period of time for men to take in and give out knowledge of the established heavenly kingdom, before that tribulation enters its climax of Armageddon. (Matt. 24:21, 22) This time period, known as the last days of Satan’s delinquent old world, will not stretch beyond this present generation. The precious time grows short.

*** w99 5/1 p. 16 pars. 11-12 "Let the Reader Use Discernment" ***

On Thursday, July 10, 1969, at the "Peace on Earth" International Assembly in New York City, F. W. Franz, then vice president of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, gave an electrifying talk. In reviewing the previous understanding of Jesus’ prophecy, Brother Franz said: "The explanation was given that the ‘great tribulation’ had begun in 1914 C.E. and that it was not allowed to run its full course then but God stopped World War I in November of 1918. From then on God was allowing an interval for the activity of his anointed remnant of elect Christians before he let the final part of the ‘great tribulation’ resume at the battle of Armageddon."

Then a significantly adjusted explanation was offered: "To correspond with the events of the first century, . . . the antitypical ‘great tribulation’ did not begin in 1914 C.E. Rather, what took place upon Jerusalem’s modern antitype in 1914-1918 was merely ‘a beginning of pangs of distress’ . . . The ‘great tribulation’ such as will not occur again is yet ahead, for it means the destruction of the world empire of false religion (including Christendom) followed by the ‘war of the great day of God the Almighty’ at Armageddon." This meant that the entire great tribulation was yet ahead.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watchtower 1984, Feb 1 p. 24 par. 11 'Oneness of Spirit' in a Rapidly Growing Flock
    Thus in 1918 the president of the Watch Tower Society delivered a talk in Los Angeles, California, on a subject later to be repeated by hundreds more speakers, under the title "The World Has Ended, Millions Now Living May Never Die."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit