How often do you take vacations? Where do you go?

by averyniceguy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• averyniceguy
  • avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I typically vacation about 6-8 times a year. My wife and I seem to be cruising about 4 times a year and we typically go to the Carib and we are going in two weeks (April 15-22) , flying to San Juan and then the southern eastern islands. Then in July we leave for 15 days for the Mederterrain, Barcelona for three days. We also go to Myrtle Beach about 4 times a year golfing. Have a trip planned for August for New York to see and stay with friends, debating on going to Hawaii this year at the end of the year. I love to travel.

abr

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ever since I started doubting the doctrine, I arranged my life differently. I was starting to plan
    for retirement by getting a much better career which included OT and missing meetings. After
    I made that switch, I could afford vacations. We take at least one every year, and try to visit family
    far away (in the same country, USA) Most of our vacations are USA, but also Mexico. We've been
    to Hawaii, Alaska, Bahamas, Yucatan, Florida, New York. I love vacations and now feel that I need
    them.

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

We have two little children, so we are currently in that stage of vacationing. We went to DisneyWorld last October and Williamsburg last year. We like to go away every couple of months to a friend's cabin that sits atop a spring-fed lake a series of waterfalls. The girls like to play in the waterfalls and hop among the rocks. Our plans are to take a large vacation once/year with a couple of smaller weekend get-aways. I would like to take another cruise, next year, with the girls this time. We love being out on the sea, so it just makes sense. Once they are a few years older, we will be visiting New Zealand. When they are in their teens, we'll be heading over to Europe. I want to spend a month in the summer over there traveling around with the girls.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Huh? Vay what?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Mr. Bee and I take, on average, a trip per month, either within California or the US, which ain't too bad, or Mexico, Canada or Europe, because we are both semi-retired. I hate to say this, but, doing this really is as great as it seems. So my advice is to work your ass off toward a luxurious, early retirement, and/or plan well. You do not want to be working hard after 60, believe me.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I usually take 2 vacations a year to US destinations. I've been to: Maine coast (gorgeous),
    <br>Rhode Island (mansions of Newport are incredible),
    <br>Cape Cod Massachusetts-beautiful,
    <br>NY-Niagara Falls is awesome, the rest is pastoral,
    <br>Hilton Head S. Carolina-hot,
    <br>Savanah, Georgia is a gem,
    <br>Florida, Disney World, Captiva Island, Tampa
    <br>Park City, Utah,
    <br>Arizona: Grand Canyon -words fail me & Sedonna - peaceful,
    <br>California: San Francisco - wow/LA/San Diego, Lake Tahoe - gorgeous, Yosemite - awesome,
    <br>Oregon coast, Portland & Crater Lake,
    <br>Washington - Seattle is beautiful, Olympic Peninsula is fantastic
    <br><br>If I HAVE to pick favorites:
    <br>1. Oregon
    <br>2. Washington
    <br>3. Cape Cod Massachusetts
    <br>4. Maine Coast
    <br>5. Grand Canyon

• ferret
    ferret

We take at least two per year. One down south either Florida or Arizona (just returned from 15 days in Arizona) and every couple of years we go to europe (France Italy Amsterdam Germany England and other countries)

• Balsam
    Balsam

My husband and I try to take at least a full week per year. We're retired now and we take 2 & 3 day vacations camping several times a year or plan too. We have a pop-up camper we bought last fall. We want to get away and have fun more. In the past 6 years we have been to:

Las Vegas 4 times

Los Angeles, Calif 1 time

Florida 1 time

Atlanta 1 time

Seattle, Washington - lived there 2 months ( best vacation of all)

North Carolina mountains 7 times

Headed to the North Carolina Coast tomorrow to scope out KOA campgrounds for using our pop-up trailer.

I love all the fun vacations I've had since I left the JW's. I've got time for it now and even a little more money since we have no more big bills or credit that kept me buried all those years raising kids. No preaching during vacation either, do you remember how they encouraged us to preach while we were on vacations. LOL

• south african beef
    south african beef

Bubble and I just lurrrve holidays (vacations for the unititiated!).

We prefer to have fewer better holidays rather than lot's of cheaper ones, if you know what I mean.

This year we went to Paris and stayed at the 5 star George Cinq for a couple of nights as it was Bubbles' 40th.

Then we spent a few nights in Prague at the 5 star Savoy for our Anniversay.

In July we will be spending 10 days in Switerland at the 5 star Victoria Jungfrau in Interlaken.

I know that seems a lot for one year but that is more than usual. We are saving to go to the World Cup in South Africa in 2010 - we will really push the boat out go luxury if we can.

For our anniversary next year we thought of Vegas but probably too far and too expensive for a few days so we are wondering whether Barcelona or Venice may be better. Any thoughts pm me please.

SAB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit