Jeptha's Daughter- what actuallyt happened??

by Kudra 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thanks for the spirited discussion on this topic! There is so much to be learned here!

• ThomasCovenant
  • Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Read comments by willyloman and Faraon in Blondie's 2003 "Comments You Won't Hear At the WT study"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/63331/1.ashx

INQ

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Read comments by willyloman and Faraon in Blondie 's 2003 " Comments You Won't Hear At the WT study "

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/63331/1.ashx

INQ

Thanks Inquisitor, that's a good discussion too. I didn't know about all those other human sacrifices...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

To be fair, Jepthah vowed something in the event or on the condition of something else.

He attributed victory to God in much the same way the United States of America attributed victory to God after the American Revolution, World War I, and World War II. Notably, the US of A did not attribute their failure in the Viet Nam "conflict" to God.

The point is simple: God is not to blame for everything mankind attributes to God, or everything mankind decides to do or not do as a result of their own attribution of blame or success. The example from Jeremiah shared by ABR can be 100% correct and Jepthah's daughter may have been burned to death anyway.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

A classic example of tortured Watchtower exegesis..."but it mustn't mean that!"

Uh, it says what it says. Sorry!

Also, notice how often this account comes up in the literature. It's like, they make sure to bring it up every year or two, to remind the r&f what the official (and don't you dare contradict it!) position is on this passage, lest a little common sense sneak into their heads!

• Kudra
    Kudra

Jesus is just alright by me

but

that Old Testament God

sure does

SUCK DONKEY BALLS.

• Xena
    Xena

Learn something new every day. It never ceases to amaze me how much wrong information I stuffed into my head.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"Learn something new every day."

Man! I thought this was apostasy 101.

Note to self: start up that Apostasy 101 forum

:)

ps.... you do know Ruth probably blew Boaz, don'tcha? ;-D

• Xena
    Xena
    you do know Ruth probably blew Boaz, don'tcha

I actually did a talk on that, second school. Got all G's too.

Oh and six...check your messages some day, will ya?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit