MONITORING THIS SITE

by Caine 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• done4good
    done4good

I would tend to agree with Arthur on this one. If bethel does in fact "assign" anyone to monitor this site, it would only be some dyed in the wool old timer who won't budge no matter what evidence is presented. I see no big bethel fallout because of it.

j

• new boy
    new boy

They do have monitors of this site for sure. In fact I know that was Ray Franz's job for awile.

You know what they say......"Just because you're PARANOID...... doesn't mean they won't GET you!"

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised that someone monitored this site. If they are doing some "theocratic warfare" it would most likely they are after those that are still in the org. right?

I had a real good laugh at some of the items posted here. At least the sense of humour is still alive or maybe in some it now can work it's way into the light of this world.

rosalyn

• cyrus
    cyrus

should be boring associations create bad habits

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

New Boy: "They do have monitors of this site for sure. In fact I know that was Ray Franz's job for awile."

As a former JW, I am sure he has looked at it. But he left the borg about 20 years before this forum started. . .wouldn't it be great if they did have some yuk ups in the Borg converted out of it? But they have seen it all and if they choose to stay through all that, I doubt this would phase them a bit.

• new boy
    new boy

It was a joke!...........JW daughter..........You coming to Portland in July?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't think the bethel boys care about individual witnesses. When did they EVER care about individual witnesses? I think bethel monitors this site for trends, or any sign that we are successfully organizing. I remember being approached in chat on how many people I thought would be coming to the silentlambs protest. Stuff like that.

The bethel heavies showed up to shut down Jourles (posting the BOE letters) and the very popular Quotes site (posting contradictions in their literature side-by-side). Those two heroes SERIOUSLY put a knot in their shorts. Richie took a current elder's manual, complete with marginal notes, and sent it out to be imaged.

If a poster were to be 'outed' locally it is likely from them leaking enough personal detail for an enterprising congregation member (or partner) to figure it out.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If a poster were to be 'outed' locally it is likely from them leaking enough personal detail for an enterprising congregation member (or partner) to figure it out.

I think you've explained this nicely jgnat.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

New Boy, I knew it was a joke:) I got distracted from joking due to external real things happening around me (sorry-the dog did it!). I am hoping to get to the fest this summer! We have to see. . .I love Portland, awesome city-my son loves it too. Anything there for a 7 year old to do?:) Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit