ANNUAL MEETING ... Silverdome

by biblexaminer 37 Replies latest jw friends

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I want to barf.

I was wondering when the hell Samuel Herd was going to shut up.

Blab blab blab.... aren't we wonderful, Oh we are so wonderful.

About the only thing that was said that I could see as being something which the GB would see as touchy enough to warant the multiple announcements for " no tape recorders, no video recorders and no computer note taking" would be the statement by Herd that

there's "going to be a lot off killing, billions will die ....in swift fashion"

And the other GB (fill in the name) who talked about being in the new world "in two hundred years".... WOW.. that's leaving enough prophetic lee-way for the GB heirs to the thrones.

Much emphasis was placed on the

"...two roads to the new system ...the high road and the low road"

The high road is "living through the Great Tribulation" but the "LOW ROAD" is dying and going through "on the underground tunnel" (the grave.

HINT HINT... 200 hundred years away and you are all going to get there 6 feet under.

I wished I was in Cancun, Barbaos.. anywhere even maybe Afganistan.

BORING...

Oh... wee needed to spend all that time and dough finding out that Wilcox was re-voted in to office of Treasurer. Woopie.

I bet many were hoping to find out when the big "A" was a-cummin.

Sorry to dissappoint you... it's 200 years away... and you'all gettin there by means of a coffin.

There was not even one redeeming thing so as to make my Org luvin wife say anything but negative comments. So much HYPE... led balloon.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Can someone please tell us what was the PURPOSE of the meeting? What was the THEME, or the SUBJECT of some of the talks? Three hours and all we get is that there will be more of these, and Herd says "200 years"?

I gather that it was a let-down in terms of earth-shattering news, but you guys who are posting about it would SUCK SUCK SUCK as reporters! Let's hear some who, what, when, where, how, and why!

Glad I didn't shave my goatee just to go to this stupid meeting,
    Hmmm

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Anybody thinks it is possible they changed the agenda due to the last events? (UN)

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

First they did the Watchtower review.

Then it was downhill from there.

From Rooter news: Today there was a "special" meeting of the Jehovah's Witnesses at the Pontiac Silverdome. Many were seen dozing off as the primary leader fellas went on about nothing...

How's that for reporting?

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Better. I guess I can't be too critical. It sounds like there just really wasn't much news to report.

Good thing we had other things to discuss, or this could have been a tremendously-hyped waste of time for all us evil apostates.

Hmmm

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I was told they had to cancel the West Coast part of this because the Padres were in the playoffs or something? Armageddon will have to wait...we have a pennant race going on here folks. :)

I think they had this thing planned then based on Sept 11 had to totally SCRAP what they were going to say but couldnt cancel it either.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Sam Herd went on about the WTC disaster and how MUCH the 'luvin bro's' did for those affected.

Sam Herd:

...some of the brothers just couldn't do nothing... they had to cross the bridge and go down there and pick through the rubble and look for people

He made up a big thing... it made me want to BARF. LIAR LIAR LIAR You are a stupid LIAR Mr. Samule Herd

Can you see that jackass there, making up a bunch of BULLSHIT by twisting the facts. Was I wrong to pray for his personal and immediate judgement in his flesh?

I imagined GB eating lions emerging from the end zone, encircling his fat ass and making a tasty meal out of him and his fellow LIAR. Liar's pie those lions would have had.

I wonder if the lions could have kept his fat down.

...bx HURLING class

• zev
    zev

hey is sam hurd of darker complection?
    if so...he was my last d.o.

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

hey is sam hurd of darker complection?
    Yes he is.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Well, BE, that explains why people were rushing to leave the 'dome a full 45 mins before the program ended!!! I figured that the talks could not have been very compelling if the 'friends' were willing to "get up and go" so early!!!

I was out in my mobile billboard, not being sure exactly when it would end, as it seems it started later than originally announced.

In the morning, I had 3 of 4 sides of my vehicle proclaiming silentlambs website & hotline with the rear window asking "Why does the WTBTS ride the U.N. Beast?"

In the afternoon, I left the silentlambs website windshield 'decal' on the front, but changed the side panels to read: "WTBTS = U.N. NGO/DPI WHY DID W. Lloyd BARRY associate with the Image of the Beast in 1991?" and then the link to the NGO/DPI directory. Also, on either side of the license plate I wrote 5 conditions of NGO/DPI membership. (Only those right behind could have read those, though.)

FYI, Burns Security estimated the crowd at the Silverdome at 62,000 for this event. District Conventions usually garner about 30,000 attendees.

Charter busses, even some school busses, appeared from Ohio, Indiana, and even Michigan itself. In addition, there were several vehicle plates from Illinois and a few from Ontario in the traffic around the Silverdome. I was flabbergasted at the number of people just POURING into the stadium and using the overflow lots for the stadium (which never happens during a DC). I knew the attendance figures would be HIGH! And the 'friends were all so excited, a-flurry with anticipation in the morning!!! They were literally scurrying to get inside (doors opened at 9:00 AM, I arrived on the scene around 9:30 and didn't leave until about 11:15).

What a contrast with the PM, when, as I said, people started leaving by 1:15 although given the way the traffic moved, it didn't end until at least 2-2:30.

A friend of mine had the brainstorm that I should see if the talks were broadcast on a local radio frequency like they do for the conventions, so I could take notes, but I couldn't find anything.

We're anxious to see Moxy's notes and any other takes on what was said.

I got a LOT of old-timers reading my signs on the way out. Hope it helps some here to 'liberate' their loved ones from the Borg.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit