Hi

by rosiegurl 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• rosiegurl
    rosiegurl

Hello everyone =)

My name is Rosie. I'm 36, have 3 kids and was raised in the 'truth'.

Since I was about 18 I realized that things weren't quite 'right' but stuck around mostly because my family is so much a part of it that if I left I'd have nobody.

I've been DF'd 2 times...got reinstated the last time with the intention to just drift away after so that I could stay around my family and do my own thing. So far it's worked ok.....but then there is the continual 'wish you would come back to the meetings' stuff...but whatever it's the price I pay to keep in touch with my large family (most of which are witnesses).

My parents are very loving as is my whole family. They took me in to their house both times when I had been DF'd even though it was really 'against' the rules. My dad was even an elder one of the times and considered 'stepping down' so that he wouldn't stumble any in the congregation (talk about guilt trip). Anyway bottom line, I didn't experience any of the 'horrible' things many people here did. I've had a relatively good life. Lots of little problems in it but those are mostly cuz I made some stupid decisions in my life haha don't we all sometimes.

Now I'm finally at the point where I feel the NEED to have God in my life. I actually confronted my 13 yr old yesterday and tried to reason with him regarding the 'truth' and asked him some questions about things that didn't seem 'right' to me. He suprisingly told me that he always felt weird about some of those things too. So we are BOTH going to look for something to bring us closer to God with out a man trying to tell us how to serve him. The Bible is really all we need and that's what we intend on keeping in mind.

I look forward to getting to know you guys....nice to be able to speak freely of things that have been on my mind for years. See you guys around =)

xoxo

Rosie

• bernadette
    bernadette

welcome Rosie

Glad you made the decision to come join us.

bernadette

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Welcome Rosie

May God bless you and your son on your search and bring you to the place that is right for you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome. Yours is a wonderful story about successful fading.
    If you need God in your life, be careful about the JW's in your life discovering what you do.
    You have to decide what's right for you, but everyone here will have an opinion.

If you enjoy the Bible, do research on it at your library. Consider which versions to read.

Great family, even though they are stuck with the false ideas- at least they are human.

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to the board Rosie.

I raised in the troof, and am now fading as I have family that I am very close to and don't want to lose, which I know I would if I da'd. I keep getting the 'we wish you would come back, we miss you' but I know it's only for the memorial, lol.

Good luck with your fade, it's good to have you here.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Welcome to the board Rosiegurl!!!

Thanks for sharing that touching story with us. Many of us here, myself included, were raised in "The Truth". Feel free to share anything you like with us, I'm sure that others can relate to your experiences.

And best of luck in your search too!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Rosie, there are many ex JWs that after leaving wish to develop a real spiritual life like you do without a hierarchy over their heads telling them what to do. There are such non hierarchical groups. Your parents are very courageous and wise in refusing to shun as so many other JWs do.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Welcome Rosie!

If you choose to stay on this forum for a while, I think that you will find it to be a positive, life-altering experience. At least, I have found that to be the case for me.

I always like to "sell" this forum to the newbies. I always tell them to stay for a while because they will find some very good resources here (i.e. great books to read, research tips, news about the organization, announcements of meetups, and personal support from new friends.)

This website has helped me get through a lot of the emotional difficulties of separating from the Watchtower Society. I have come to realize that ex-JWs are not all mean spirited and hateful people as the Watchtower Society potrays them. There are truly some great people on this forum who have helped me tremendously.

So, pull up a chair and hang out with the rest of us kiddies for a while.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I am thrilled that you are being honest with your children. How will your parents handle that, you being honest with them I mean. Will they try to go against what you are telling him? Are you going to let them celebrate the holidays at school? I hope so..good luck to you and your children. Glad you found us.

lisa

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to the JWD Forum, Rosie! Great fading story, sweetie! I'm so glad your son has "seen the light" at the end of the WTS tunnel and is with you on this.

Lookin' forward to hearing more from you, chere!

Hugs,

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit