Hi

by rosiegurl 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• rosiegurl
    rosiegurl

Lisa:

My 13 yr old doesn't really talk much to my parents about the things he and I discuss. He learned along time ago from me that what is discussed in our little family stays in our little family. He made a few mistakes early on when he was younger and mentioned some topics we discussed....and realized what I meant...now he understands that they don't need or have the right to know everything about our lives (which they'd love to know if we'd just share it lol).

In regard to celebrating holidays....it's entirely up to my son... he does feel a bit like it's wrong to do so....so I'm letting him just work thru that. We don't celebrate anything at our home as we live VERY close to my parents and it's just not one of those fights I'm willing to pick atm...my son grew up not celebrating anhthing as did I...we are really not missing it and hey...the not spending money we don't have on gifts thing works too lol (I know! how cheap am I! lol)

Thanks for the welcome....it's reall nice =)

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome Rosie!!!!!!!!

There's something here for everyone. And the beautiful thing is you can discuss pros and cons of various world views with people who understand your JW background. And you won't be judged.

I've been very impressed that even the Bible totin', Scripture quotin' Christians on this site, don't (usually) get on their holier-than-thou high horses around people with different beliefs.

What a refreshing change from the Watchtower World.

Open Mind

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, rosiegurl!

Glad to hear you and your 13 y.o. can speak openly with each other. He and his siblings will thank you some day, holidays or not.

Also glad that you can continue to have a loving relationship with your family. That your dad was willing to step down so they could take you in shows his good character and I so applaud that in an elder. He followed Christ's example, not the Society's edicts.

~Sue

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Rosie !Have you read Crises Of Conscience ?If your having trouble to afford it .I can send it to you....I am so pleased your not forcing your son to celebrate if he feels uncomfortable doing it just yet. Sounds to me as if your a sensible gal... As Granny on board they allow me to do things that others would do. So Here goes Rosie.....
    "Heavenly Father , Rosie is seeing where there is falseness in those who claimed to be your prophets
    She has gone back into their fold feeling it was because of HER "sins" that she was not progressing in the "LIE" feeling guilty even because her loving parents were willing to go against the WT rules & allowed her to be loved by Her DAD!!! Who had been warned that it is not right to show love to her.... But as we all know Guilt is one of the worst feelings we can have & it destroys us...But You love us all. & forgive us ! so we are asking that you will send the Comforter> Holy Spirit to guide ,lead, & direct her & her little one, wrap her in your arms & let her feel your love I ask this in the NAME ABOVE ALL OTHERS JESUS CHRIST AMEN"
    Hope you wont be offended !!!!! God bless
    Granny Mouthy/Grace

http://exwitnessgrace.homestead.com/free.html

• rosiegurl
    rosiegurl

Thank you =) that was very nice, loving, kind and sweet...no offence taken..how could I?

• gymbob
    gymbob

Welcome Rosie! (Another Californian....YES!!!)

• rosiegurl
    rosiegurl

yay!=)

ok so you say in your profile that you did some pioneering in Nor Cal...where abouts? anywhere near sonoma county?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Hello. =)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's nice to hear from you Rosie, welcome to the forum.

I am pleased to hear that you have gotten off so lightly.

Stick around and have some fun.

Cheers
    Chris

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I just wanted to say hello and welcome. You'll find many in your situation and lots of support!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit