Should I partake this time around?

by Sacchiel 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

John 6: 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

52 Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever." 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

I don't know if I should shock my entire family and the rest of the congregation by partaking for the first time (ten years as a JW)? After all, I don't recognize the Watchtower Meetings/Assemblies as authority. One would think the JW's would have read this scripture and known something wasn't right. Their reaction would be something like this:
    60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?"
  • steve2
    steve2
    I don't recognize the Watchtower Meetings/Assemblies as authority.

Given that you don't recognize its authority, why on earth would you want to partake of the emblems in a kingdon hall? Get out of it.

• mrchuffster
    mrchuffster

Think of your family, why would you want to put them through that?

You know how cruel witnesses can be, the gossip, public comments at the watchtower and shunning.

Kindest Regards to You.

Mr C

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Only partake if you believe that you are one of the 144 000 and that the rest of the JW in your congo are going to be in paradise earth. If you no longer believe in any of these things why on earth would you want to partake in a KH? If you have a real desire to partake because of you convictions then you could always do this at home. Only stir the sh*% pot if you are ready for the smell it will give off.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Follow the Watchtower's advise and get out of false religion. Don't touch the unclean thing! That would go for their stupid ritual of passing wine and crackers to each other.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Sure why not

• BFD
    BFD

I think you should partake if you want to. After all, the congregation has recently been fed spiritual food that tells them not to judge any partakers. Call thier bluff.

BFD

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

If you believe you're a Christian and desire to spend eternity with Christ, why not, go for it (though it might be better to enjoy it with other Christians in a more Christian setting).

If your reasons are less benign then you should probably think very carefully about what you truly hope to accomplish. This is one of their few rituals, and desecrating it is likely to bring a larger than usual backlash and make you appear crazy.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Having faced the same dilemna, my retrospective advice would be: Partake!

At the very least, it will clarify your situation with regard to the congregation...though perhaps with something other than what you might have hoped for.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Why bother??

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit