JW selling Brooklyn Heights property

by Gayle 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

Patterson allows them more control over everything - out in the country side and away from the city.

I suspect, that like other cults who set up shop "out in the country", like Waco and Jonestown, this just might lead to increasingly extremist directives coming from the Faithful and Discreet Slaveā„¢.

• Scully
    Scully
    Property taxes on those buildings must be rather high. Better to sell them and build a larger buildings that are more functional than maintain them for a presence.

What property taxes? They are a RELIGION, and thus tax exempt. The surrounding community will likely applaud the move to a broader tax base, taking the burden for funding municipal maintenance off of their backs.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Blondie! I stayed there also several times when they were remodeling. They still had not relocated several floors of renters. The rooms were very shabby, but they were remodeling the front desk and lobby.

As far as the corporation is concerned, they were wise business decisions to purchase, and equally wise to sell.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Their main plan is to get out of the city. My guess is that it is better financially for them to sell the properties Brooklyn and move upstate, espeically if operating costs in Brooklyn are excede the value of the properties.

There really is no longer any real adantage for them to be in NYC, so I'm guessing it's all going to be upstate within 5-10 years, maybe a lot sooner.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Property taxes on those buildings must be rather high.

Religions don't pay taxes Bro, that's why Walkill is kicking itself for letting them in; they provide nothing and only take!

****OK so I'm a little late so sue me.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Interestingly, the WTS bought property during WW2 for a similar purpose and ended up converting it to the first school of Gilead when the end did not come in the 1940's.

Blondie

Thanks for this fascinating little tidbit Blondie. History always repeats itself.

Nvr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit