This is going to be a tough meeting for me

by truthsearcher 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I will be "studying" the chapter about the Memorial with my local Witness contacts. As a Christian, I find their teachings on Christ to be nauseating.

I am looking for a chance to bring out the old Russell books and ask them to clear up my confusion about a number of previous teachings. This might cause them to cut me off after many meetings.

If anyone thinks of me, and is so inclined, send up a prayer on my behalf for wisdom, clear thinking, and above all that the true love of Jesus will shine through me and the Spirit will open up some darkened hearts.

TS

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Take them to John 6:48-56

48 “I am the bread of life. 49 Y OUR forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness and yet died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that anyone may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven; if anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and, for a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” 52 Therefore the Jews began contending with one another, saying: “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU , Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.

Ask them to explain, ALL of Isreal ate of the bread, the priestly tribe as well as all of them, ask them how can a person get everlasting life without partaking of Christ blood and flesh? Do not allow them to pull the only for the little flock covenant, See what they say, and tell them that you are confronted with believing them (only Men) or Christ? HMMMM

abr

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

truthsearcher - no one needs to pray for you. If anyone needs a prayer - (and if prayer works) - it's the jw people coming your way. Maybe you already are the answer to someone else's prayer (or hope?) for them, honey. good luck with your efforts!

• dawg
    dawg

Man! Why go sit with those men? I mean, I'm not trying to tell you what to do just asking!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Well I know that not too many of you are interested in this, but I just wanted to say that we had a 2 hour discussion on the Memorial, and brought up many points that we will need to go into at the next meeting about what it means for JWs not to be a part of the New Covenant. I don't think they have ever had a discussion with someone who knew and loved the Bible (or at least not lately). At the end, they spied a pile of old WT books, and so I showed them a variety of books going back in time to Russell. They had never heard of the Great Pyramid teaching before... who knows where this will lead, I hope it will lead them out of the organization. (hope that answers your question Dawg).

Thanks to those who bothered to read and reply to my posts.

G'Night all

TS

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Well I know that not too many of you are interested in this, but I just wanted to say that we had a 2 hour discussion on the Memorial, and brought up many points that we will need to go into at the next meeting about what it means for JWs not to be a part of the New Covenant. I don't think they have ever had a discussion with someone who knew and loved the Bible (or at least not lately). At the end, they spied a pile of old WT books, and so I showed them a variety of books going back in time to Russell. They had never heard of the Great Pyramid teaching before... who knows where this will lead, I hope it will lead them out of the organization. (hope that answers your question Dawg).

Keep yer shorts on, TS. At the time of my posting this reply, your post had been read 142 times (upper lefthand corner of your posted thread). Sometimes it takes people a while to think about or research something to post on a thread. Keep checking back over the next day or so.

Sounds like you're doing a good job with your "visitors." Keep up the good work!

Frannie

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good job TS -

Maybe you can give them some "new light"!!! I don't have the patient's to discuss religion especially with JW's, so I understand dawg's statment "why bother", but I guess it does good if you can get them to see a little light at the least and to start questioning some of their teachings.

Keep up the good work, somebody's gotta do it!!

nj

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Sounds like my prayers worked, eh? I'm sure there were others.

I read, but you didn't seem to care whether anyone replied so I didn't. I did what you asked for, though.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• unique1
    unique1

GOod luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That reminds me of when my father saw that my hubby had the Finished Mystery of God on the table and he said we needed to be careful because apostates distribute that book now. We were like uh no, I got it from a publishing company and the copyright is the old one, they couldn't have made any changes to it so it was still written by a JW not an apostate. Dad just said be careful and went on. Looks like that would have been the wake up call huh?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well at last you showed them the "old light" Good for you. there is alot more stuff in there they dont know....Yes keeping it in prayer/.Now you have to show them the TRUE light .....Carry on.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit