Check out this hypocrital conduct

by avidbiblereader 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Last night was my oldest daughters Birthday (22), we went out for supper with some friends and family, we went into the Texas Roadhouse where she serves bar and waits tables, they have this one thing they do for Birthdays where all the servers sing, yell and clap, they also ask you to "saddle up" which means to sit on a saddle they bring out on wheels as they all yell and howler, real fun, though!

Well sitting behind us is a whole table of Witness from my sister hall that I use to go to, mother with three grown kids (25, 22, 21) and their spouses, they watched and didn't say a word to me and wouldn't even make eye contact with me, OOOH I am the bogey man.

Well guess what they did after we left, they didn't know my daughter didn't leave yet

That is right!! Saddled Up two of their own, clapped and sang birthday songs.

Unbelievable!!!

abr

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Go figure right? But they look at us like a disease!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Classic

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It amazes me, if you are going to claim complete allegiance to this organization and feel that they are completely right then follow it, but with the WT teaching, they know that celebrating birthdays is wrong according to their teaching, yet look down their noses at me.

Nothing they do surprises me anymore. nothing!

abr

• Warlock
    Warlock

And they wonder why people leave.

Warlock

• choosing life
    choosing life

I am sure they were celebrating their non-birthdays!

• under_believer
    under_believer

I actually think that's pretty good news. The more Witnesses that feel free to lead "double lives" [JW-speak], the better.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    Nothing they do surprises me anymore. nothing!

Me neither.

BA

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Personally, I'm liking worldlies and apostates at the moment. The JDubs, not so much.

Nvr

• found-my-way
    found-my-way
    they watched and didn't say a word to me and wouldn't even make eye contact with me

lol, they couldnt look ya in the eye because they were feeling guilty.

oh man, looks who's here, now we hafta wait till they leave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit