JW CONFUSION

by logic 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• logic
    logic

THIS IS REAL DOUBLESPEAK: WATCHTOWER APRIL 1, 2007 PG 21 PAR. 1 "YOU MUST NOT LET PEOPLE CALL YOU LEADERS-- YOU HAVE ONLY ONE LEADER. MATT 23:10 . WITH THESE WORDS, JESUS MADE IT PLAIN TO HIS FOLLOWERS THAT NO MAN EARTH WOULD BE THEIR LEADER. THEIR ONE LEADER WOULD BE HEAVENLY--JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF".. GOES ON ... SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD RIGHT? BUT STARTING PAR.3 STARTS WITH THE SAME BUNCH OF BULL THEY ALWAYS COME UP WITH ONLY WORSE. ABSOLUTELY NO SCRIPTUAL BACKUP. IF JWS KNEW THAT RUTHERFORD CAME UP WITH THIS ILLUSION AND NO ONE ELSE THIER MINDS MIGHT START WORKING AGAIN. I TOLD MY WIFE THAT RUTHERFORD WROTE 90 PERCENT OF EVERYTHING IN HIS PRESIDENCY AND INFLUENCED THE REST, AND HE SAID HE HE GOT THAT FROM ANGELS. SHE JUST GAVE ME THE USUAL BLANK STARE. WITNESSES SHOULD BE CALLED RUTHERFORDITES

• unique1
    unique1

Yeah, that is quite twisted there. There are no men who should be your leaders per Jesus - except for the Faithful and Discreet Slave. They aren't really men, they just look like them.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I think you could call them a variety of things but Christians wouldn't be one of them

abr

• JH
    JH
    WITNESSES SHOULD BE CALLED RUTHERFORDITES

They should be also called false prophets.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Only God and Christ will decide who are Christians. We shouldn't make this judgment ourselves. Remember the seven churches mentioned in Revelation. In spite of the deplorable conditions in those congregations, individuals could take a course that would be pleasing to God. The admonishment to the individuals in those churches was to "overcome" and remain faithful to receive God's reward. Personally, I think there are still many good people associated with the Watchtower.

The church systems all have serious flaws that don't meet up to the Christian standards. But we shouldn't condemn everyone in them because of this failure. Remember, Christ will separate the "wheat" from the "weeds" and the "sheep" from the "goats" when he returns.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I think that the mental mix-up occurs when people are expected to give unwavering and unquestioning compliance and obedience to fallible men.

The Watchtower Society teaches that Witnesses must give just as much faith, confidence, and compliance to the teachings of the "Slave Class" (in reality; the Governing Body) as they would the inspired writings of the apostles.

Yet, when errors are admitted and doctrinal changes are made, the friends are reminded that the "Faithful Slave" is not inspired and is not infallible.

This is like a morbid game of "red light-green light" or "Simon Says" that you often see children playing on the play ground. It's would almost be funny; if it didn't involve peoople's lives being adversely affected.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    WITNESSES SHOULD BE CALLED RUTHERFORDITES

Rutherfordites is too hard to say.

How about calling them "Judgers"?

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs are definitely Rutherfordites the real Russelites are the Bible Students that kept to all his teachings, not of course that they are any good. Above all his decided the mindset of this org he turned it into a dictatorship and put all emphasis on preaching rather than developing a Christian character and isolated the dubs from the rest of society by demonising everything in it. Just like Clayton Woodworth he was a spirit medium channeling demonic energies while claiming he was channeling energies from God's angels.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Just like Clayton Woodworth he was a spirit medium channeling demonic energies while claiming he was channeling energies from God's angels.

Yes, and I'm sure that several glasses of bootlegged Scotch was quite helpful to Rutheford in his receiving the "flashes of light".

• dawg
    dawg

Authur,

You give some well informed replies my man!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit