JW CONFUSION

by logic 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    The Watchtower Society teaches that Witnesses must give just as much faith, confidence, and compliance to the teachings of the "Slave Class" (in reality; the Governing Body) as they would the inspired writings of the apostles.

Yet, when errors are admitted and doctrinal changes are made, the friends are reminded that the "Faithful Slave" is not inspired and is not infallible.

Excellent way to put it. It's a double standard that all the cults have.

• 5go
    5go
    The church systems all have serious flaws that don't meet up to the Christian standards. But we shouldn't condemn everyone in them because of this failure. Remember, Christ will separate the "wheat" from the "weeds" and the "sheep" from the "goats" when he returns.

But acording to most christians he isn't returning you meet him when you die?

• Truth_Giver
    Truth_Giver

If anyone here would actually do some research instead of just tyrading, blah blah witnesses this blah blah witnesses that, they would have seen that Wescott and Hort are the translators of the new world translation. It was actually translated by professionals. The witnesses just bought the print. That is what I found out through my research. Maybe you guys should try it, thats the best way to find truth.

• Gill
    Gill

Truth_Giver - If you're looking for 'truth' you might like to ask yourself why the WTBTS felt it necessary to put the name/word Jehovah in the Bible where it never existed previously! Surely that in itself is a very basic NO NO in any translation!

Changing the meaning of anything to suit your own doctrine is very naughty. And that's just a very, very simple example of what happens when you change a basic and simple 'truth'........you get a 'lie' or somehthing false.

• Zico
    Zico

'If anyone here would actually do some research instead of just tyrading, blah blah witnesses this blah blah witnesses that, they would have seen that Wescott and Hort are the translators of the new world translation. It was actually translated by professionals. The witnesses just bought the print. That is what I found out through my research. Maybe you guys should try it, thats the best way to find truth.'

Truth-giver, perhaps you could help us out and direct us to this information?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I can tell you this...99% of JW's active in 1980 expected "this system" to be over and done with long before this year of 2007 as promised by the Watchtower.
    The organization has defaulted and should have folded up and disbanded a long time ago. The 'other' belief systems have the good sense to promise you your reward AFTER YOU DIE.The Watchtower promises it's followers their temporal blessings in the here and now with slogans like "millions now living will NEVER DIE"
    This is the key difference between Jehovah's Witnesses and nearly all the 'other' religions. Watchtower followers are getting burned out fast.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    If there is a truth it's in you somewhere - that's where to look.

Well-put R Crusoe.

We all got screwed by these arrogant old farts. Time to start living life.

Nvr

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If anyone here would actually do some research instead of just tyrading, blah blah witnesses this blah blah witnesses that, they would have seen that Wescott and Hort are the translators of the new world translation. It was actually translated by professionals. The witnesses just bought the print. That is what I found out through my research. Maybe you guys should try it, thats the best way to find truth.

OMG! Thank you truth giver! Could you have a bible study with us? We never heard of Wescott and Hort or any of the fascinating facts you so generously wish to make available. After all, we're just dumb, ex-elder, ex-bethelite, ex-pioneer, ex-ministerial servant, ex-slave apostates. You're right, no one here does any research. We all were willing to give up Paradise with the pandas and Noah because we were convinced by 'blah blah tirades'.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    If anyone here would actually do some research instead of just tyrading, blah blah witnesses this blah blah witnesses that, they would have seen that Wescott and Hort are the translators of the new world translation. It was actually translated by professionals.

Yeah...professionals. Professional ghost writers. Check out the affiliation of Westcott and Hort with The Ghost Society.

• Gill
    Gill

That's the beauty of having a 'ghost writer'; he'll write anything YOU want him to write!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit