A newbie's post...reposted since it got buried...Welcome!! Melly!

by megsmomma 14 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

This is from Unique1....... (I made it into paragraphs for easy reading)

I have used up my postings for today and think this one needs to be put up. Mellybean left her first post on my most recent post. If you haven't used all of yours can you post this for me? Melly's part is in quotations. Thanks.

Melly posted this on my page and I thought it deserved a post all its own. I hope you don't mind Melly but there are people here who have experience with this situation and will be more informative than I would.

"Hello I am new to the forum! I am not an active JW anymore due to the hypocracry of the religion.

To make a long story a little shorter I was raised as a JW and ended up marrying out of the truth right after high school. I ended up pregnant and disfellowshipped. Well I ended up staying with my ex-husband for four gruesome years and had two boys with him.

That was about 6 years ago. I had remarried about 6 mos after the divorce to a very new to the truth brother. We did really well and he was a great step father to my two children that my ex never cared for or supported me with. Up until about a year ago.

I always allowed the children to visit my ex's mother all the time even though she stabbed me in the back all the time. Now she is a JW, but shouldn't be! She has been allowed to keep going to meetings and associating with everyone while harrassing me and making false accusations against me and my husband and telling the elders that my husband and I abuse and neglect our SON, she only cares about the first son, not the second!

Well she called the police and child protection agencys numerous times throughout the year on us and all the times the authorities would dismiss the findings because there was no findings of any abuse or neglect in our home! Because of this I stopped letting her see the two kids because she was trying to seperate our family that we were getting back on track due to some personal and financial problems.

Well just recently she took me to court to get visitation rights to see the boys. The elders didn't seem to care that she was doing this to us, probably because we don't go to meetings anymore, but I did not show up at the court, so she ended up getting papers on going about and getting custody of my two sons.

For a year now, I have suffered from her games and the congregation won't do anything about it. My parents go to the same congregation up there and the elders made my dad step down because they think that he is part of this and that the ex mother in law should be able to see her grandkids.

Yesterday~March 27th, I ended up giving up my parental rights due to depression and thoughts of suicide and not being able to fight her anymore. I just can't believe this can go on in a religion that condones going to court. Why can't she be disfellowshipped? She even has people in the congregation on her side and helping her do this. she's lying to them about us as parents.

I am a great parent, my husband and I had a son together and we have never abused or neglected any of our sons, she is so full of shit, her nose is brown!!! :) Can someone help me try to cope with this horrible situation since I do not have really any friends due to leaving this cult!! "

I think first you should seek counseling and soon and hopefully get yourself better so you can get your parental rights back. Second try meetup.com and see if there are any EX-JW's in your area you can meet up with. You can also look in the apostafest section of this board

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Oh my Melly....I am so sorry to hear this. There are a-lot of people who have gone (and going through) this. I am one of them. We are here for you to talk to and lean on. Don't give up!!! We are not the crazy ones!

• unique1
    unique1

Thank You.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

BTTT

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Hi Melly.....Stick around....let it out...you have about 20,000 new friends....take some time to regain your strength...arm yourself with the experience and hope of others....and patiently wait for the day, sometime down the road, when your ex-MIL will rue the day your paths ever crossed. Therapy with a trained professional will help.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

(((((((((((((((((mellybean))))))))))))))))))

So sorry to hear your troubles.

Have you sought professional help? Did you have a lawyer to represent you??

Welcome to JWD, maybe we can help you here, even if it's only a place for you to come for comfort and to vent!!

nj

• Madame Quixote
  • MeneMene
    MeneMene

So sorry this is happening to you. Did you see this thread about a month ago? www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/129612/1.ashx

"Website launched to Assist Child Custody Disputes within Jehovah’s Witnesses" - it's a new website William H. Bowen of Silentlambs.org has started.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

http://www.jwchildcustody.com/index.html

Yes, by all means, go there. But first, talk to a therapist. Help yourself and you can
    better help the kids.

If you haven't got a therapist, start here at http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/help/onesself/

• unique1
    unique1

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit