Your Least Favorite "Special" JW Event

by Nosferatu 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

There's a few "Special" JW events that happen throughout the year. In case you've forgotten them, I'll list them (in case I've forgotten one, please refresh me):

The 3 (sometimes more) day District Convention
    The 2 Day Circuit Assembly
    The 1 Day Special Assembly Day
    The Memorial
    The Special Talk
    The Circuit Overseer's Visit

Which event did you hate the most?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Nosferatu i liked all of those events because they spelt a change to the monotony. And I did love district conventions. What wasn't too like - being outdoors with lots to look at instead of trapped in four walls, loads of places to get lost and give the parents the slip, boys galore, clapping hard enough to get the pigeons off the pitch, and usually we lost a meeting the week before.

I would agree that the special talk was just so not special it was embarassing especially if you had invited someone who hadn't been before!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

The "Special" talk has to be the least special event. Everything else did at least provide some variation from the grinding routine.

I never actually did this, but there used to be special ministry arrangements local to the District Assembly location (which was a football stadium in the most dangerous area of the city). I think that would definately have been the worst thing.

• mrchuffster
    mrchuffster

I DO hate the District Convention, I'm only going to one day this year.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The Circuit Overseer's Visit

...and the "special week of activity" that came with it. Only in Jehovah's Theocratic Organization™ can someone get his belly and gas tank filled for wearing a tie and spewing shit from the platform.

W

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

CO's visit I dreaded,

this was when they pounded the guilt shit into ya hard....

the special needs talk, week of FS,ugh....some were really nice, and I liked them!

but there were a few MEAN OLD FARTS that I couldnt stand...this one CO while giving the sunday talk....HE STOPPED TALKING in the middle of his talk because there was a baby crying at the back...the mother took the baby out into the foyer....

I thought that was the RUDEST thing I had ever seen a CO do...on the platform no less. I wish I could remember his name so I could put it here. He was such an asshole, no one liked him.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Special Talk was the worst!!!

nj

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

but there were a few MEAN OLD FARTS that I couldnt stand...this one CO while giving the sunday talk....HE STOPPED TALKING in the middle of his talk because there was a baby crying at the back...the mother took the baby out into the foyer....

I thought that was the RUDEST thing I had ever seen a CO do...on the platform no less. I wish I could remember his name so I could put it here. He was such an asshole, no one liked him.

Jeez i wish I could have been there. I would turned my seat and listened to the baby rapturously. And then turned and said - this has to be the most truthful lovely thing I ever heard commented in this hall!

(Oh dear thats two positive baby things I have said in one afternoon - I hope this doesnt mean my biological clock starts ticking at me tomorrow!)

• free2think
    free2think

The CO's visit. Hated having the longer meetings and earlier min arrangements. So annonying and boring, especially when the speakers were not very good. Which was most of the time.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

The (Un-memorable) Memorial. 30 minutes of sitting around hearing the same tired crap about Jesus and Jehoover and how utterly special the (un-)faithful & (un-)discreet slave are. Then passing around a couple crackers and some wine.....And you don't even get to eat or drink it! Since I'm unfortunately going to this year's memorial (ugh!) I think I'll bring some cheese for those crackers. At least I'll get a snack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit