WHO ELSE IS GOING TO THE MEMORIAL THIS YEAR???

by Mary 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

i'll be going, wouldn't look too good to miss seeing as they have just reinstated me into their fold!!!!

think i'll take some notes for Grumbys thread!

be having wine before and after tho believe me!!

• Quandry
    Quandry

No!!!!!

I do not want to pump up their numbers by my presence.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thank you GumBabe! That was sweet of you. (I needed that)

hugs,

Annie

• gumby
    gumby

Your welcome Annie

Gumby

• xjwms
    xjwms

Yeah, ... I will be going again. This year is six years of not attending meetings.

Just to keep peace with my wife, I'll do the dirty dirty once a year.

HOWEVER, no one even bothered to invite me. Not even my wife.!

Kin ya tell, ...... they really don't want me there?

• Scully
    Scully

I haven't been invited to the annual repudiation of Jesus by worshippers of the WTS Memorialâ„¢.

I don't go places where I'm not welcome or invited to be. Just as well, really, because I'd probably die of boredom or have a stroke trying to refrain from screaming Bull$h!t the whole time.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Not I, that's for sure!I don't think I could get myself to go through that door with a gun pointed at my head!

• chelsea
    chelsea

No. The full moon will be out, and so will the crazies. Seriously though, i feel bad for all you guys who are attending for whatever reason. I know there are a lot of obligations to family, and most are probably trying to minimise the emotionally wrentching effect that not going would have on themselves and their partners. The process of leaving can be such a lengthy one. However, this "celebration" that they have... they are celebrating themselves. The event is arbitrary and there isn't any thing spiritual about it. The most spiritual moment you will ever have in your life will be somewhere... but it won't be there. Unless you are striding out the door. And this is a chance for the R&F to look at all the people who they consider "spiritually weak" who have come along for this occasion and gossip about the way they're dressed or how fat they've gotten or how much facial hair they have or whether they are gay... And they will talk to them condecendingly, or they might not talk to them at all, but either way they will COUNT them. No matter how they treat you they will count you. If you are a fader, or if you are already out but allow someone to coerce you into going to this "special event" i believe it is akin to saying: "i am lazy the rest of the year and don't go to meetings but i believe this religion is correct and these men in Brooklyn have the right to tell me what to do and therefore i concede to attend the occasion they dictate to be THE most important and i guess i might get saved if i'm lucky." I think this is the WORST message you could send. It is like saying the WTBTS is right, yes, they are right, and you are mostly a pathetic slob but today you will give them glory. What's more, if you believe that any organisation is corrupt, why would you go any of their events, least of all THE event that they hold in the highest regard??? The biggest dodgy party of the year. If you truly believe this religion is not directed by god and is actually a big bundle of ridiculousness, you are letting yourself down by being there. Sitting quietly... captive to their self-righeousness... actually touching the cup and the plate as they pass by you... It's as if you allow the principles that you use to guide your life to turn off for the evening, and to be invaded by their manipulative suggestions and instructions. By simply passing the wine and sitting silently in your chair you are participating in their human-directed ritual, you are doing what is expected of you, by them. You are following their rules even if it's just for a moment. Unless you drink the wine, and drink it all, in which case that would be funny. I feel bad for those of you who have to put yourself through this event, even if it is for the sake of someone you care about like a partner or a relative. I hope that if you go you will be able to find humour in it somehow, or do something weird. I still have nightmares about going to meetings, or worse, going witnessing, even years later. In my dreams i am thinking "why am i doing this?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit