Is it wrong?

by Frannie Banannie 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I have no problem with you, in fact, from reading your past posts you've come across as a nice person to me, but don't you think at least Derek's main point stands, that you have to be careful what medical advice you give? (Even if you disagree with the manner in which he told you?)

Thank you, Zico. Derek's main point is a good one. And I'm usually very careful. I didn't intend to add on the part about the AIDS cure and all that YOUtopia mess, but it jumped on there and it was too late to edit it when I discovered the error. It doesn't mean that they are wrong either, since they were in agreement with the scientific researchers, even if they were rather eager beavers about it.

As a bottom line, I never post anything in a pushy way by way of saying "YOU MUST DO THIS." That would be medically ethically wrong. Derek seems to believe that no one should even provide any info that hasn't been approved by the FDA and AMA, or such. There's a lot of info out there on the internet that comes from other countries that aren't as medically restricted as this one. And Derek must think that other posters aren't intelligent or discerning enough to judge for THEMSELVES without his intervention as to whether something posted is worthy of their consideration or not. I definitely disagree with those tactics and apparent motives.

• Xena
    Xena

I think Derek had an issue mainly with it being called a "cancer cure" when it hasn't been proven to be that. It's a valid concern.

My mother died from cancer and tried both traditional and alternative medical treatments so I see merit in both personally. Despite the fact that neither were able to cure her.

• lola28
    lola28

Personally I think it was wrong to post that information on that thread, I thought that it was tacky to say the least. Please understand that when you find out you have an illness ( and a serious one at that) all sorts of information is thrown at you by people that mean well but it's just too much. It is overwhelming and you feel like you are drowning. All you want to do is be near your loved one and take care of them, everything else is not as important.

I read Funky's reply to you and never did I see him attack you, he simply told you that he disagreed with what you had posted, YOU decided to make a huge deal about it and posted a pm that he sent you (FYI there's a reason they are called PRIVATE Messgs.) he had every right to post here and tell his side of the story. You owe him an apology. It was you who posted his pm, you who started more than one thread about this and you who called him a bully. And he was out of line? At least he had the decency to address you in private.

Lola

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Please feel free to garner as much sympathy as you can. You seem to have quite a talent for it.

You have to admit that is funny! It is!

On the other side I am kind of unimpressed that we have one thread about a private PM because a poster's opinions upset one poster and then another thread about the poster is not upset about another poster's opinions? And what started it all ? Trying to think of ways to offer support to Linda and Trevor. So why dont we all stop bickering and go back to keeping our healing thoughts directed towards a hospital bed in Derby where our dear friend is very sick and probably very frightened and probably missing her board buddies (not for long as I am going up to visit as soon as I get the okay from dedpoet).

And before you even say a word you gorgoeus irish chappie HEALING THOUGHTS DO WORK. Okay? No debate!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Well said Crumpet & lola, I think it is time this ended

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit