Is it wrong?

by Frannie Banannie 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Is it wrong to give people hope when they've been diagnosed with an illness that can lead to much pain and death if not treated successfully?

I ask this because I just got a PM from an angry poster over my posting the following link and info on an antibiotic that BBC carried the news in regard to and was being researched by Camcer Research UK: http://www.rense.com/general58/anti.htm

Also, I noticed that Mary replied with this link to yet another site that showed a study at a university in Canada had turned up another cheap, safe drug that kills cancer cells: http://www.wanderings.net/notebook/Main/CheapSafeDrugKillsMostCancers

Is it wrong in your opinion to give these people hope by means of this info?

I don't believe it is. I think if there is absolutely ANY means by which an illness that kills can be stopped, it's worth looking into.

Frannie

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Oh Frannie I am so sorry this happened. You only meant well and no I do not think it is wrong. For the record if I get sick I would like everyone to send any information they can find or have already so that I can research it more for myself. Many doctors would argue that frame of mind and positive mental state are as much a part of recovery from serious illness as any therapy and drugs. So how it can be considered wrong to provide access to any info you have to someone who could benefit from it is beyond me.

(((((frannie)))))

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Frannie..Any information that may help Linda is good..If any of us can pass on information to Linda and Trev that may help..Do It!...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Frannie

I see no reason why offering information is a no-no. Those who might find it helpful can investigate it if they want. Or Not.

Positive thinking and alternative therapies are doing a lot to help find cures for many illnesses that previously were thought to be incurable.

If you get more anrgy PMs let the Mods know. Simon or Angharad can check it out

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I don't think its wrong to give anyone hope.

I'm a nurse and to my knowledge antibiotics cannot kill cancer cells as cancer cells are not bacteria. Antibiotic only kill bacteria.

But you never know what researchers will come up with. If it's true then that would be great, but as far as I know a simple antibiotic cannot kill cancer.

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs for frannie)))))))))))))))))))

nj

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The more information a person has the greater their potential to make an informed decision.

W

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thanks, Crumpet, FinallyFree and OUTLAW. I feel the same way.

Lee, I don't think it will be pursued. This is the message I got: ( I replied)

ex-nj-jw, according to medical researchers in Canada and the UK and the BBC, their findings prove that antibiotics actually can reduce and hold off the production of cancer cells. Of course, the one that Mary posted is about yet another drug that kills the cells, but I'm not sure what type. But thanks for your support, chere.

Frannie: We strongly discourage posting private PMs on the board

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

No it's not (((frannie)))

You're showing that you care deeply for someone and want them to be well!!

What I'd really like to add here would be insensitive to some readers so I'll pm you the rest.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Frannie,

As the recipient of that info on cancer, I was thrilled. Not that I am getting false hope, but that in this information age people are able to research all information and decide for themselves.

Doctors are rarely up on the latest other than the latest free pills dropped off by the pharmaceutical companies to their offices.

To give you an example, I went in to get a prescription for quitting smoking. The Doctor decided I was not a good candidate but had a "new" pill that was working great. Before filling the prescription, I went home and researched. Turns out if was for heavy duty schizophrenia but just recently was being tried for nicotine addiction. Needless to say I didn't have it filled. When I went back, the Doctor was furious I hadn't followed through and asked where had I gotten my information. I told him off the website of the pharmaceutical company that produces the pill. He then stated, Ok, I'll leave you alone.

So I want to thank you Frannie for that information sent to me for my mom. It was really appreciated, with no false hopes generated!

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit