The faithful and discreet slave

by Ryan1 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Ryan1 wrote: I will take your advice and read the personal experience section. I feel I will learn more that way instead of trying to understand Jehovah's Witness doctrine.

Good idea. Trying to understand more than just the basics is a waste of precious time. It's all subject to change with the next WT issue anyway.

Go hug your son and play with him. Thank God (or yourselves) that you and his mom are not raising him in a cult.

-Aude Sapere. (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

LOL! Look on the first page of this topic... Little Toe, Mad, and Euphemism all post in succession... And I noticed a striking similarity in their avatars!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL, Lore! We're a very pensive bunch, apparently... or at least, a bit full of ourselves.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

The expression “Faithful and Discreet Slave” has nothing to do with “Governing Body”. To say that the two expressions are related is to give credence to the Governing Body’s false use of Scripture.

There is only one group responsible for the teachings directed at Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is the Governing Body. To allow them to pass responsibility to some other group is to let them sidestep their full and total responsibility.

Doug

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Has anyone here been excommunicated for questioning the authority of the faithful and discreet slave?

Welcome, and yes......most of us here.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Doug: It is the Governing Body. To allow them to pass responsibility to some other group is to let them sidestep their full and total responsibility.

True. Excellent point.

So none of us has been disfellowshipped for questioning the faithful and discreet slave. Many have been for questioning men who say they are the faithful and discreet slave. They aren't and never were, so questioning them is not questioning the faithful and discreet slave.

But even Jesus questioned, "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave ..." So if I do so, I am only following the example of Jesus.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Zico
    Zico

There are TWO faithful and discreet slaves, according to WT doctrine. One is the 144,000. The Society teaches that there have been at least one member of this group alive on Earth since Jesus died in 33 CE. These are appointed as members of the 'Slave class' each time one of them receives an anointing experience from Jehovah. The other is the Watchtower Organisation, which was appointed as Jesus second slave in 1919.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit