Has anyone tried eharmony or Match.com?

by thecarpenter 30 Replies latest social relationships

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Hey WAC , she don't look 18. ... She came out of the shop last month. She is a model. This years model ;-)

• seawolf
    seawolf

WAC, Does she have a sister?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    there is always Palmala and her five sisters.

I know you didn't just say that! LMAO! Carpenter

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

You won't find a babe with this personality profile on match or eharmony...

Totally silent Wastes no time Spends no money Toilet seat is always up Won’t crash your car Totally faithful Floats Will increase budget busting shopping sprees by 100% guaranteed. In fact, she'll just sit on the couch right next to you during the game and never complain.

Only 1 problem...

alt

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Yes, but WAC, can she fetch you a beer during the game?

~Sue

• What-A-Coincidence
  • betterdaze
    betterdaze

thecarpenter, I have not tried either, but went to two weddings in as many years where both couples met on match.com and they really swear by it.

But they were all good natured, professional people to begin with, never married, no kids, no debt. They weren't just looking to play around, they wanted to settle down. Everyone's happy, their families, too.

Another couple met in a "cart accident" in a Home Depot and I cannot even begin to relate the bizarro lies that come out of that woman's head, it's like a sitcom from hell. I think the guy would have done much better on an online dating site like eharmony or match.com where he could screen out the loonies a little better.

Good luck :-)

~Sue

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

okay gonna be seerious for once ... um yes.. it can work just like anything else .. EXCEPT!!! google "match.com scams" you will be surprised!!!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

From the local news: e-Harmony murder March 23, 2007 - A Northeast Ohio murder is making national headlines because of its connection to an online dating service. Officers are investigating the death of military pilot Karl Hoerig. Police found him dead in his Newton Falls home. Investigators say their number one suspect is Hoerig's wife, a Brazilian woman he met on eHarmony.com. They say Claudia Hoerig has now left the country. There are reports that she was drunk, wrecked her car and even tried committing suicide before turning on her husband. Officers say they have no idea, and are scratching their heads. Karl Hoerig was buried Wednesday with military honors, honored by a mile long funeral procession.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Well Lisa, I wouldn't put much stock in the news article, the guy had dated her for a period of time and then married her. This seems more likely to happen with someone you meet in a bar or party (I can find plenty of situations where some met up in a bar and was found dead later. (Also, most murders are domestic murders, usually the murder victum knew the killer). You have to be cautious with everyone you meet, whether it be a office date, neighborhood date, bar date, mutual friend date and so on.
    So far this week, I had about 20 potential hits (8 closed the hit for various reasons; I closed about 8 hits; emailed one and contemplating the other 3). A friend of mine who uses the services told me to email at least 2 times a week and to work on my profile. So far what I like is the large pool of choices I get and how it fits into my busy schedule. If anyone has any tips (excluding WAC), let me know.

By the way WAC, the beer throwing machine is nice but I think a dog is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrHGQpuIHBc&mode=related&search=

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit