BEER THREAD

by nvrgnbk 403 Replies latest jw friends

• Frank75
    Frank75

A dear friend gave me 4 cases of an incredibly potent 8% beer that has already been mentioned a couple of times in this thread. Unibroue Maudite (Damned one). The Quebecois say Mo-dzit

The Unibroue brewery was started in the Chambly Quebec region just outside of Montreal. Canada like much of the world has had a real beer renaissance. But this place is special being considered one of the 10 top breweries in the world!

Unibroue is a division of one of my favorite breweries in the country, Sleeman in Guelph Ontario. If any of you beer lovers make it up this way, I strongly recommend a brewery tour, or at least take home with you a sampler case.

If you are an apostate, and most of us are, you couldn't find a more appropriate name sake beer!

Cheers

Frank75

PS thanks for the gifts NVR!!!!

• Frank75
    Frank75

A good friend (well he is now) came over this weekend and he rang the door bell with his elbow which is always a good sign!

I gave him one of these along with a glass of 30 year old Bowmore. I know he is a friend of mine now because he sucked that bottle dry. (cleared the pallet with some Macallans before the Bowmore....of course!)

IF I offer this special limited edition beer to someone, and they can't finish it, well, they just won't cut it as a special friend. They can still be a friend, but it is strange like talking to a girl you slept with but haven't called since you did. Know what I mean?

For the guys out here that like the dark and chewy beers to go with their Maduro Cigars (Cubans of course) this stuff is a treat you will never forget. That is if you can find a case....or even a bottle!

Cheers to you!

Frank75

PS I'm too good to my house guests SIGH!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Since1998
    TypeTriple Wheat Ale, refermented in the bottle
    Alcohol9 % alc./vol.
    ColorWhite with orange hue
    TasteSmooth, rich, and creamy; slightly sweet with a warming mix of strength and full-bodied flavour, delicately spiced
    AromaComplex aroma of vanilla and subtle ripe fruits, lightly hopped
    Shelf Life2 years and more
    Serving SuggestionsIdeal with cheeses and meat

The Don de Dieu was first released onto the Quebec market as a limited edition in November 1998. It rapidly became one of Unibroue's most popular bottle-conditioned products. Therefore, due to increasing demands, Unibroue decided to distribute it internationally.

It was named after Samuel de Champlain¹s boat, The Don de Dieu, which arrived in Tadoussac, June 3, 1608. He was commissioned by the King of France to pursue, by way of the great Canadian waterway, the exploration of the vast and inhospitable land called "America".

His mission made him founder of Quebec and the land came to be known as the land of the "somewhat of a great people." Thus, it is in the memory of those ancestors that Unibroue has brewed the "Don de Dieu," a "somewhat of a great beer."

Had a couple of these last night with some grilled lamb! Nice!

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    OUR STORYOUR BEERSBREW TOURTHE VIBEGROOVY GOODSCONTACT USHOME

Fat Tire :: Sunshine :: Blue Paddle :: 1554 :: Abbey :: Trippel :: Seasonal Release

Like the ageless delight of pedaling a bicycle, Fat Tire Amber Ale’s appeal is in its feat of balance: Toasty malt flavors (sorta like biscuits just pulled from the oven) coasting in equilibrium with crisp hoppiness. Delicious stability - in the world of sometimes-precarious beer flavors – is perhaps what prompted one consumer who wrote us to say, “this beer just makes you smile.”

Fat Tire’s depth of flavor, achieved with neither a disproportionate sway toward hops or malts, tandems well with a full spectrum of today’s engaging cuisines. Salmon, dry-aged cheeses, roasted chilies, omelets at midnight, sweet potato French fries and just about anything with grill marks or garlic are just a few of the edibles we like to partner up with our Amber Ale.

Fat Tire is so named for the bike trip Jeff took through Belgium that greatly inspired his homebrewing efforts.

“Fat Tire Amber Ale, from New Belgium Brewing, features a Belgian-style balance of malt and hops – bready but with a lighter Yank twist. It’s a tasty cult beer; a light flash of hops tames the malt. So easy to knock back a few.”

Anthony Cerretani and Jason Alstrom, Outside Magazine

This is what I have been having lately, one of my favorites!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for sharing that kerj. I will definitely be checking that out.

Perhaps we can share a few some day?

Take care bro and cheers.

• ninja
    ninja

The best beer I ever tasted was in Singapore..(name dropper that I am)....Really expensive for beer in singy...anyway the name of the nectar(for that is what it is)is Tiger beer....don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread...if not ...really recommend you try it..... Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for the tip on the Tiger. Never had it.

What about Singha, ninja? That's a nice brew as well. Oh wait, that one's from Thailand. Close enough.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Just "sipping"on some Tiger ninja, very good for a lager......more of an ale man myself but this has good taste.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ok - you went and made me thirsty - so I went and got one of these:

Only problem is it was not refrigerated - so it is German beer on ice.

Jeff

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Yum! That Black Wych Spell Binding- Stout looks good, but then I'm a sucker for packaging...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit