I just got fired and I may not have enough money to go to Italy

by tsunami_rid3r 22 Replies latest jw friends

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Have you checked into whether you can you collect unemployment insurance while you sort things out?

Have you considered checking temporary agencies to make some cash trying out a variety of jobs to see what you like while still going to school? (They will often train you with things like typing and computers or you could do labour jobs where you don't have to deal with customers, check it out). Another cool thing about temp agencies is that once you set up the initial contact, you set your own hours, letting them know when you will be available to work. In your case you could do the groundwork before leaving, and let them know you'll be calling when you return from Italy.

I agree that turning down Italy, might turn into a regret. Honestly, now is when you have the energy and opportunity to do these things.

Go to Italy! and when you get back get a roommate you can trust to help with half the bills?

Call a government office or check at your school and see whether they have a hire-a-student type referral program.

Although money is important, as is experience and good references, I wouldn't get overly hung up on which job you do, when the main priority seems to be focusing on your schooling, so really, whatever job allows enough money and flexibility for you to focus on your schooling while pursuing your interests and dreams and paying the bills!

Don't be afraid to pound the pavement. Open up the yellow pages to whatever section interests you and go see those people. Often just showing initiative will impress people enough to hire you.

If you like art, check out art supply stores, photography places, camera shops, comic book stores, architecture firms, tourism?....

Ask yourself, what would I do if I wasn't afraid? Then apply for a "helper" job in that field/industry. Imagine meeting someone that was in your exact shoes but has now made their dream come true and would welcome the opportunity to pass on their wisdom to a student like yourself.

Go for it!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Also, is there a museum where you live?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Keep us posted. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit