Urban Legends in the JWs

by Country Girl 16 Replies latest jw friends

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I just heard a new one. Not so much an urban legend just a ridiculous statement to boost JW's ego's. According to a JW in my old cong. the great Bill Gates of Microsoft absolutely loves to hire JW's because of their honesty and work ethic, he seeks them out. This is evident, according to this person, because a lot of JW's in the Seattle/Redmond area in Washington state work for Microsoft.

This is ridiculous for two reasons

1. I highly doubt that Bill Gates has anything to do with hiring for Microsoft except maybe the executives, and even then probably only a very very small percentage of them.

2. Microsoft is a HUGE corporation that has over 33,000 employees in Washington State alone therefore it's no surprise that a percentage of them are JW's.

OK, one more reason

3. The JW's I've known have no better work ethic than anyone else I've seen, they're pretty normal really.

Silly JDubs.

~LL06

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

He he he...gooey bodies from having sex...... Maybe they were just doing it for 2 weeks straight. You would be all gooey too.

• Threestars
    Threestars

She said "a demon was on top of her".

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Maybe ol' hubby wasn't cutting the mustard.

My JW sister actually told me the Smurf story as FACT about 15 or 20 years ago, although she said it "floated" out of the Hall.

I liked the one about how Procter and Gamble products were demonized. That one got the borg in legal trouble.

• johnjaspers
    johnjaspers

I remember one about the pioneers that went to a door and the dog told them to go away. Apparently, it was possessed by demons. I can't recall the particulars of that story, but I guess the details would change to suit the storyteller anyway.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I remember back in the 60's, they had Bethel lights (is that a word?) go on some learning tour of the power stations and dams. The reason was someones got to know how to run these after the big "A".

• Threestars
    Threestars

My baby brother had the most beautiful brown eyes from birth. (Me and all siblings were pale blues) His JW (ex) wife once phoned me to say that she had learned that my brother was full of sh*t to his eyebrows since his eyes were brown.

• cyrus
    cyrus

My girl is always telling me ,im a demon in the sack .so all those sisters sorry it must have been me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit