I saw red

by DanTheMan 35 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I should have asked her,

"Will you give me a million dollars??"..."No deal then!"

That would have got the point across, I would have cracked myself up as a bonus, and maybe she would have even laughed.

Dan, delayed-wit class

• Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO @ lisalasvegas' "diary of a JW," especially "he probably thinks I'm hitting on him". ROTFL!!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Well, well, well, Dan. Since I know you, it's hard to imagine you that angry, but I do understand. Glad you wrote her the email.

Maybe it's the time of year. I think memorial is a focal point for some of our anger, simply because it's so representative of their dogma. I feel more anger and frustration this time of year. You did good though.

I feel the same way as Odrade. It's the time of year, as if this is the most special thing in the world to them. I've said it many times, but will say it again, "if I thought the memorial of Christ's death was important and should be celebrated, the LAST place on earth I would celebrate it would be at the Kingdom Hall"

My JW friend told me yesterday that the elders are going to call on us this weekend or next, to invite us to the Memorial. She said she was telling me so we could either be gone, or not answer the door. Fortunately our doorbell doesn't work, and our friends and family know this. The elders won't know it doesn't ring. Hahahhahha. I can't believe they are coming to invite us, the first time in EIGHT YEARS! Nine years ago one of the elderly sisters called and invited us. The year before that, a teenaged girl did it, in person (she was a friend of our son).

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

AlmostAtheist and I are meeting over beers to discuss this incident and whatever else. LOL. Time for some "counsel".

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

That sounds like fun - my kind of counselling!

AlmostAtheist and I are meeting over beers to discuss this incident and whatever else. LOL. Time for some "counsel".
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Beer was drank, talk was talked, mostly about chicks and stuff tho. LOL

But seriously, i am wound up so damn tight. I have a lot of my dad's personality, he's even more sensitive and temperamental than I am if you can imagine such a thing.

I think it might be time to go off caffeine completely. I absolutely chug down the coffee when I'm at work, to where I'm bouncing off the walls by noon.

But I love the taste dammit...and decaf is just nasty...

One of the few non-chick related things that did come up in our conversations is that, for a lot of JW's, their life is just a robotic routine. They do what they do because that's what they do. Oh, it's Thursday Night. Time for the Theocratic Misery School and Snore-vice meeting. Saturday morning. Time to go out d2d for a couple of hours. etc.

JWism, if anything, provides people with a comfortable, predictable routine and a group identification. The being a "Jehovah's Witness" and the steady, virtually daily routine that goes along with it, these things become the real meaning of the religion for most JW's. My coworker probably never thinks, "oh my god, all of these people I work with are going to be killed by Jesus and the angels any day now!" because that's not what the religion is about for her. It's about the safety of the routine. I might even still be there myself, if I hadn't have hated going d2d so much. That was the part of the routine I never could fully assimilate to, and the endless pressure to engage in it was a significant contributing factor to my finally stepping back from it and being willing to think the unthinkable - "I don't like this and I want to leave".

I should be kinder and gentler when dealing with such persons, methinks. Oh well, my adult life is pretty much a long series of social blunders, why stop now? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit