I saw red

by DanTheMan 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Maybe it's the time of year. I think memorial is a focal point for some of our anger, simply because it's so representative of their dogma. I feel more anger and frustration this time of year. You did good though.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

from the diary of a JW woman:

*today I went to the break room and that brother that used to go to the kh was in there. I never know what to say to him, 'cause I don't know his story. usually I pretend I don't see him, but today, after taking my xanex I was feeling pretty good. So I let him know in my sweetest voice the date of the memorial. then I waited for him to thank me. I mean, he doesn't have any family in Jehovah's org, and the elders are so busy, he probably doesn't know. and I waited and I waited. and I smiled at him ever so nicely.*

*then he asked me a question. but I just smiled at him...I didn't know what to say. I wish I'd kept my mouth shut. I just kept smiling, he probably thinks I'm hitting on him something*

*ummm...yea back to pretending I don't see him*

lisa

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Here's something you could have said to really get under her skin.

Look at her and say "ooooh Im so sorry, I would love to attend, but I have church that night." that would have bothered her to no end.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The poor woman has a mental illness that you/we have recovered from.

She has my sympathy.

Cheers

Chris

• undercover
    undercover

"He-ey...Memorial, April 2nd!"

"Sorry...the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship game is that night..."

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Dan,

I know exactly how you felt. I will bite the head off of anyone who comes at me with JW BS.

But since finding this board I'm starting to chill out just a little bit. I was never really into the organization, was raised in it but never really got into it, I did it because I had no choice. So I have a hard time thinking "I used to be that way", because I wasn't. I hated this cult from a very early age and knew that I'd be gone just as soon as I turned 18, and that's exactly what I did.

So when JDUBS start talking all I see is RED!!!

Hang around a bit and read some posts, it may help you put a muzzle on the hatred, it's a slow process but venting and reading others stories helps alot!!

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Sorry Dan,

I see you've been here awhile!!

nj

• unique1
    unique1

Great, now I have that Song from Warrant stuck in my head. "I saw red when she opened up the door" etc.

I think you handled it fine with the apology. Sometimes when someone blindsides us our reactions are irrational. I am BAD about that. The good thing is we don't stay that way. We realize we might have overreacted a bit and apologize and discuss it rationally. You did fine.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Retort:

"Won't it be wonderful if we can actually break the 9000 mark for memorial partakers?"

That will sour the rest of her day.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Dan, you don't strike me as the type of person who "sees red" very often or quickly. The JW smugness, self righteousness, and belief that they alone know the solutions to all the problems in the universe could infuriate anyone. Their stupid smiles just make it so much worse.

If she ever invites you again, accept the invitation, and make sure you sit beside her at the memorial. Partakeā„¢, and stand up while you're doing it. No one will invite you again. Alternatively, you can spit in the wine before passing it on.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit