Co-worker thinks I'm going back.

by reneeisorym 14 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

There's this idiot co-worker I need to vent about. He says he's a Christian but he's one of those that I don't believe really gets it and certainly doesn't act like a Christian. He doesn't think JWs are that bad. He thinks they are just another Christian denomination.

He said to me today -- "You never know. You might go back. You can't say what you'll do in the future."

To which I say -- "There's no way under the sun that anything could get me to go back." (I've explained to him in the past why I know they are a mind controling life sucking cult.)

"You never know." He says.

Just for the record -- Nothing short of God making an appearance in the heavens and telling me I have to be a JW because that's his channel to earth will I go back. Even then I might just not go back. I think I would prefer taking a dirt nap to serving the god they worship.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It appears he has figured out how to push your buttons, and yank your chain.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I agree with jaguarbass

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Well, I'd say he's right. You never know.

Edited to add: Odder things have happened (in his perspective.) Obviously if he "doesn't get it" then he wouldn't see the difference between a legitimate church and a cult. To him, you never know.

Personally I'd like to say that I'd never go back, but by saying "you never know" it allows for the minute chance that I could. And, I guess maybe, just maybe there is a one tenth of a billionth chance that I may go back.

Kwin

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

There aren't many things in this world I'm sure about. This is one I'm sure about.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Of course he doesnt think it's that bad, it doesnt affect him personally. If it were he who lost his family, or if his own children lost their lives due to blood, it would be a total different story. He sounds like a selfish person, and I wouldnt let him bother you. Nor would I allow his opinions to get to you.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Nothing short of God making an appearance in the heavens and telling me I have to be a JW because that's his channel to earth will I go back.

Not me.

If that were the case my next question would be asking for a clean headshot.

• moshe
    moshe

The only way I would go back is to yell, " See, I was right all along!"- and we are getting very close to that point- once the 144,000 teaching is history, I just might do it!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Well, since he's showed you his ignorance, you should show him your IGNOREance.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

A JW coworker today invited me to the memorial, as if I'm just dying to Come Back to Jerhoverâ„¢.

I wanted to puke. It made me so angry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit