Watchtower--NGO With WANGO!

by Dogpatch 64 Replies latest jw friends

• misocup
    misocup

A definition of NGO

http://www.gdrc.org/ngo/wb-define.html

From the horses mouth

What is an NGO?

A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a not-for-profit, voluntary citizens’ group, which is organized on a local, national or international level to address issues in support of the public good. Task-oriented and made up of people with common interests, NGOs perform a variety of services and humanitarian functions, bring citizens’ concerns to governments, monitor policy and programme implementation, and encourage participation of civil society stakeholders at the community l evel. They provide analysis and expertise, serve as early warning mechanisms, and help monitor and implement international agreements. Some are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, the environment or health. Their relationship with offices and agencies of the United Nations (UN) system differs depending on their location and their mandate.

Criteria for association with DPI

• the NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the UN and have a clear mission statement with those principles
    • the NGO must be recognized nationally or internationally
    • the NGO should operate solely on a not-for-profit basis and have tax-exempt status
    • the NGO must have the commitment and the means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents about UN activities
    • the NGO should have an established record of continuity of work for a minimum of three years and should show promise of sustained activity in the future
    • the NGO should have a satisfactory record of collaboration with UN Information Centres/Services or other parts of the UN System prior to association
    • the NGO should provide an audited annual financial statement, conducted by a qualified, independent accountant
    • the NGO should have statutes/by-laws providing for a transparent process of making decisions, elections of officers and members

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/criteria.asp

NGO responsibilities

Associated NGOs through their information programmes are expected to

• promote knowledge of the principles and activities of the United Nations
    • disseminate information about the United Nations and its work to their constituencies
    • keep the DPI/NGO Section informed about their UN-related activities by submitting a report every four years
    • fill out an accreditation form every year

Please note that association of NGOs with DPI does not constitute their incorporation into the United Nations system, nor does it entitle associated organizations or their staff to any kind of privileges, immunities or special status.

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/ngo-partnership.asp

• heathen
    heathen

I just went thru the NGO section on the UN site and there is no listing of Watchtower Bible Tract society or Jehovahs Witnesses . What other names could they be listed under ? I still believe that the 10 years they did associate that they must have had some sort of agreement even to just use the library .

• misocup
    misocup
    I still believe that the 10 years they did associate that they must have had some sort of agreement even to just use the library .

Yes. Does anyone know what agreement must be made to use the library?

Also, why would you trust any information contained in the books of a library run by THE BEAST? Wouldn't Satan try to corrupt it? Do they NOT believe it is Satan's organisation?

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

This the email that I send to WANGO and the answear.

---------------------------------

Watchtower Bible and tract Society is not a member of WANGO.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:26 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: A Question about members
    Importance: High

Dears Sirs,

I have a question to do. It's true that "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society
    of New York" its a member of WANGO?
    And if so, since when? In what "category" fills the "Watchtower Bible and
    Tract Society of New York" to be filiate in your organisation?

With best regards

• heathen
    heathen

Also, why would you trust any information contained in the books of a library run by THE BEAST? Wouldn't Satan try to corrupt it? Do they NOT believe it is Satan's organisation?

Good point there . I think I got deemonz in my pc after visiting the site .LOL from what I remember they claimed it was so they could send relief to disaster regions . Personally I think they did it in an attempt to protect their properties around the world via international forces and courts . It's not helping them in some countries such as france or former soviet republic georgia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit