Watchtower--NGO With WANGO!

by Dogpatch 64 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

One more time.....

ANYONE CAN PUT THEIR NAME AS AN NGO ON THE WANGO SITE!!!!

VERIFY IT AT THE E-MAIL ADDY ABOVE

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

We are not in anyway associated with Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

The response I got from WANGO.....

People have the option to list their organizations on our website at www.wango.org. You can contact that organization if you have further questions about them.

Practical joke and you guys fell for it hard......

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Randy, I'm using a Mac so I am unable to highlight the obvious bits, but I would recommend downloading this :

http://www.wango.org/download/rtf/wangobylaws.rtf

In Part:

Section 2. Purposes.
    The World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations adopts as its mandate the following purposes and objectives:
    1. To unite NGOs worldwide in the cause of advancing world peace, as well as well-being at all levels – individual, family, society, nation, and world;
    2. To assist its member organizations in accomplishing their tasks relative to creating a better society and world: economically, socially, environmentally, politically, and morally;
    3. To empower its worldwide membership by acting as one strong and unified voice in advancing conflict resolution and moral solutions to pressing global, national, and social problems;
    4. To serve its member organizations by acting as a spokesperson on issues of mutual concern, by working in partnership with the United Nations and other intergovernmental bodies to
    voice concerns and advance objectives of the membership, and by providing forums for interaction and exchange of information among its members;
    5. To unite NGOs worldwide in support of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, with particular emphasis on promoting (a) human dignity, as outlined in
    Article 1, (b) universality of human rights, as outlined in Article 2, (c) the family, as outlined in Article 16, and (d) religious freedom, as outlined in Article 18;
    6. To give an international voice to smaller NGOs, including NGOs from developing countries and countries with economies in transition;
    7. To provide international conferences and symposia as a foundation for the building of moral and healthy individuals, families, societies, and nations; and
    8. To publish conference proceedings, position papers, monographs, reports, newsletters, and journals as a service to the membership and the world community; and
    9. To engage in any other activities for which non-profit corporations may be organized under federal and state law and which are considered consistent with the
    mission and purposes of the Association.

steve

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

MisterAmos, I found an online application form. But can't that be denied?

Perhaps I should sign up Canned Peaches and see what happens

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

One more time for the slow ones....

IT's A GOOF!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Well, we shall wait for confirmation then! That's the beauty of many reporters here. :-))

Randy

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I kept writing to WANGO until they gave me an answer. I asked them if the information concerning the Watchtower was correct on the link in Randy's post. Here is what they wrote back.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Randy, the listing of the Watchtower is part of a GENERAL list of known NGO's. It doesn't look like WANGO membership list. To see the WANGO membership list you have to log in.

steve

• undercover
    undercover

NGO with a WANGO is a NOGO

• Jourles
    Jourles

I entered JWD into their database. It didn't show up after a few minutes so I'm guessing someone must approve the self-submittals first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit