BREAKING NEWS: 16:.02: FOSTER MOTHER GUILTY OF ABUSE

by fokyc 101 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

To be honest - I've not followed this case, but as she's been found guilty I suppose we have to accept that. Gill - not all rats carry the bacteria that causes Weil's disease, and death only occurs in a small percentage of those infected (maybe they were pet rats, so infection free?)

Sadly, if she has been wrongly imprisoned, I believe the WTBTS is partly responsible as it is always under suspicion in these cases.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Whether the Elders or the Society like it or not, Eunice Spry has been reporting regularly for the last 6 months.

She IS a Jehovah's Witness in all ways. She has been placing literature in the prison whilst waiting trial.

This case has spiralled out of control since it's start in mid December 2004.

Not one of the original complaints by Child A has stood up; charges of theft of £300 and bank documents were dropped in mid 2005.

Originally there were 4 children listed, Child D, a sibling of Child B and Child C would not uphold ANY of the complaints and was dropped late 2005.

Just ask yourselves, "If all these complaints were true, WHY did it take nearly 30 months to come to trial?"

Some murfer trials have been finished and appeals heard in less time!

fokyc

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Cases usually take a long time to come to trial - there are many reports to be made and evidence to be collected. The CPS (Crown Prosection Service) is reluctant to pursue anything where there is not enough evidence.

• Gill
    Gill

MC -I take your point. However, found guilty or not, we have had far too many cases of miscarriages of justice in this country lately that have come to light. I tend to take a lot of bizarre cases with a pinch of salt. Remember Sally Clarke? Remember the couple accussed of murdering their adopted son with salt.

Something 'feels' wrong with this case. In time we may find out what....and then again, maybe not.

It is nothing to do with her being a JW. Her reaction to the whole thing, described as cold and unemotional, is not surpising considering she is a Jehovah's Witness. She, if she is 'partly' or even completely innocent, will have a persecution complex 'thing' going on and will be 'waiting on Jehovah' to sort it out for her.

All very strange and complicated by the woman being in a mind control cult and the children also being brought up in it. We seem to forget that JWs do not 'act or behave' normally, whatever 'normal' is.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hello again Gill (have you really moved to Sweden, or maybe just a small branch of IKEA, lol?) As I said - I haven't followed any of this - I never watch the News, and only rarely have a Sunday newsaper.. I agree, a miscarriage of Justice (even when later acquitted) must be awful for all involved (I don't think people in this position are ever perceived totally Innocent in Society even if they are). I need to 'read up' on the case.

• sf
    sf

I'm real curious if Spry is even still alive.

Anyone know how these 'kids' are doing?

sKally

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Firstly, hi to everyone I am new to this site, got my login this morning though I have been looking at the site for more than a week.

This particular case interested me since I have also read the biographies of two of the children involved.

One thing I do remember though, I cannot see that anyone has mentioned it in this particular thread, is that I read a lot of the news stories online and at the end of them there is provision for people to post comments. I remember distinctly reading of a comment made by a woman who used to attend the congregation that Eunice & family attended. She said that she had noticed abuse some years before this case was reported and told the elders who covered it all up and did nothing more about it.

Obviously though it was the elders who eventually did do something about it though many years after she first reported it.

She summed up by saying that she is no longer attends the Kingdom Hall as she was so disgusted.

I will search the net and if I can find this I will post it for everyone.

Happy Saturday!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

One of her foster kids posts on another board.

Bangalore

• fokyc
    fokyc

Welcome to the forum 'Little Imp', you are perfectly correct:

Gloucestershire Echo by Jamie Grierson, beginning of April 2007,

just after the trial but before sentencing, I quote from a cutting:

heading: "I knew she was cruel to children"

sub-heading: Ex-witness quit religion due to Spry.

"Sandra Warner was so horrified by Eunice Spry's cruel treatment of her children that she left the Jehovah's witnesses.

Miss Warner appeared as a prosecution witness in Spry's trial.

Miss Warner was a Jehovah's Witness for four and a half years."

Christopher Spry aka Seth aka child 'C' has posted on Paradise Cafe but stopped posting some time ago.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

T hanks for your welcome and thanks for the reply.

I didn't know that she was used as a prosection witness though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit