JW-isms

by nonamegiven 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

There are many words or phrases JW's use daily and especially at the meetings. We all know pioneer means something different to JW's than to others, same thing for publisher and so on.

I was wondering, what the he!! does "as it were" mean??? I hear that in almost every freaking talk and I want to throw a YPA book every time I hear it. have you ever heard that ANYWHERE ELSE?!?!?!

Ok, I'm done venting now. Are there any other JW-isms that bug the heck outta you?

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

"faithful and discreet slave"

"[insert word here] system of things" <---WTF

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

The Truth

John 17:17 Your word is truth

abr

• DJK
    DJK

As it were, is just a phrase that may be popular in time or location. Another phrase for example would be, and such. I hate that one and lately I have used it many times. I worked with a man about 8 years ago who used it in almost every other sentence. I haven't seen him in 5 years and the phrase is starting to come up again. I heard it in a movie lately. I know these phrases are not easy to blow off, but I think we have to let them go in one ear and out the other as best we can.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"happifying"

W

• free2think
    free2think

'Worldly.'

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

system well them and the star wars universe

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"That's an interesting possibility." or similar sayings which mean "We want you to believe
    this, but later rmember that it was your idea, because we never printed it as fact."

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Watchcare

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

"The New System", and my dad's old favorite, "The Great Tribulation"

And of course we've all heard a thousand times, "Bad association spoils useful habits." What the heck is a useful habit anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit