I'm confused

by nvrgnbk 15 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm confused. Why does one return from an Apostafest feeling encouraged and happy, maybe even hopeful, but returns from an assembly feeling discouraged and worthless?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Have you just been to an apostafest then?

I get post apostafest blues - because I can't see everyone again soon enough and I miss the spirit of us all together. We dont spend three days we are bad and not doing enough at apostfests could be one reason.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Have you just been to an apostafest then?

I get post apostafest blues - because I can't see everyone again soon enough and I miss the spirit of us all together. We dont spend three days we are bad and not doing enough at apostfests could be one reason.

Yes. It was very refreshing, like JWD Xtreme. I fully expected to witness an orgy or drinking matches. Surprisingly, it was much like when one used to spend time with the brothers with two major differences - 1. No pretensions about saying what others expect to hear. 2. No BS.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Apostafests are meetings with individuals one can identify with because of having had a common experience so that helps a lot in feeling in touch with some root feelings, also the sense of belonging to a collective. In my view it's a shame the ex dubs could not organise themselves more, in a non religious way that is.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

So did you get to meet anyone from the board?

Sorry about the lack of debauchery - maybe next time?!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

So did you get to meet anyone from the board?

Yes, three posters and several lurkers.

Sorry about the lack of debauchery - maybe next time?!

Why was I expecting you to say something like that?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember the first one I went to. I was so nervous. I don't know what I was expecting..little horns or something. Wait..there were little horns. Does anyone remember 'valis'? he hasn't posted here in a while,...he had little horns spouting out from his dreadlocks...it was great!!!

No orgies, or drinking games at any of the apostafest I've been to. In less I was just left out.

lisa

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I think the reason is because an assembly is directed toward the lost, where an aposafest only makes references to Lost.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    No orgies, or drinking games at any of the apostafest I've been to

Then I don't wanna go!! grump

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I'm guessing , but perhaps at apostafests

you do not have to bring all your own food and drink (limp sandwiches and warm fizzy drinks)

You do not have to que for the loo

no attendant will tell you off if you stand in the wrong place

nobody talks for hours and demands that you listen

people are free to express themselves as they really feel, not following the party line...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit