Your Favorite Music this stage in your life? (Right NOW!)

by restrangled 42 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Here's a heart-breaking song with its own little heartbreaking cartoon from The Dears (Canada)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty41BuLsc1A

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I generally like music thats at least a few years old. I like it to age a little. Something that came out last year that I have in my I-pod korn "Comming undone" Interestingly one of the guitar players, Head flipped out left the group and became a christian. I guess he couldnt take playing songs about the dark side all the time.

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

"Coming Undone" came out last year? I thought it was older than that. I had it cranked up on my player in my room last night, and my daughter's best friend out in the living room overheard it and asked me what it was...she wanted it for her iPod.

I listen mostly to alternative now, and have for about 4-5 years. I like angry music at this point in my life. It dawned on me in a conversation with Uzzah that my liking for angry music came about the same time I discovered this board, and found out how badly duped I had been. Perhaps when I move on from angry music, I'll move on from this board. Or vice versa.

• LynnA
    LynnA

www.folkalley.com

I spend most of my time listening here. When I need a change I whip out the jazz cds or some old hippiedippy stuff from my past. Tull, Traffic, Hendrix...old blues guitar tunes or maybe some newer ones. Mostly I am happy with the folk coz they play celtic, world music, all sorts of cool stuff. My canary grooves to folk alley, he started singing again after over 2 years of birdie silence on the second day I left folk alley playing all day. He seems to like banjo and mandolin and girl harmonies.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Current faves.

Willy Mason, Seth Lakeman, Sufjan Stevens and Ryan Adams

• Gill
    Gill

Scissor Sisters and Gordon Lightfoot!

For some reason, my husband has bought me YET ANOTHER Dolly Parton CD! Is he trying to say something?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Oh Gill.

I prefer Scootch to the Scissor Sisters

Dolly has a great pair of . . .

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

lungs

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

coldplay x znd y.....didnt impress me at first...now i love it

killers sams town..exactly the opposite...not at good as i first thought

still loving green days american idiot...especially as the usa bought it by the bucketload and didnt get the irony

o and speaking of which....the irony...imaginary friend...consisting of liars and fools:parts 1-3,imaginary friend,shoot the wounded,lately i been thinking, and liars and fools:parts 4-6

• Terry
    Terry

1.Anything by Claus Ogerman

2.Bossa Nova!!

3.Anything by John Barry

4.Real jazz

5.Frank Sinatra

6.Channel hopping in my car and finding some weird Mexican station to listen to where I can't understand anything. (The idea that German settlers and Mexicans put music together still floors me.)

7.Prokofiev!

8.Rachmaninoff' piano concertos

9.Polyrhythmic ethnic drum solos

10. Old MGM musicals

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit