Your Favorite Music this stage in your life? (Right NOW!)

by restrangled 42 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Abandoned....I adore that album.

r.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey r.,

Am I ever retro or what?!? Just got off the phone with my best friend from high school and we were talking about the school newspaper. I was the piano player for all the school functions. At a banquet I had played - per the paper - "Moonriver" and the theme from "A Summer Place." I remember, too, playing the theme from "Exodus" and "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" on numerous other occasions.
    I was so blown away - totally forgotten this part of my life. We both had remembered my playing the classics but had not recalled this foray into the then-current pop. So I'd venture to say that my new "favorite" - right now - is rediscovering what my friend said I played with feeling and like a much older person. I AM that older person; can I rediscover and love, once again, what I have forgotten?
    What a twist on your question!

CoCo

• restrangled
    restrangled

Coco,....A summer place was beautiful. I have also been listening to (and I am embarassed to say) Judy Collins,

"Who knows where the time goes?" and "My Father always promised us".......

The reason I started this thread is I just like to know what the latest songs are because I love music and want to stay on top of who the new artists are!

r.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Right now I'm getting 110% of my daily soul requirement with Donny Hathaway.

Edit: Weird, link is not working...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Nice selection prophecor!

I love The Killers - Sams Town and Hot Fuss - both excellent.

And MIKA is the top of my hitlist right now. Love in a Cartoon Motion - its happy, lovely singalong, dance like a bunny music!

• exwitless
    exwitless

JOSH GROBAN!!!!!!!

Just went to a concert (my 3rd one to see him) in Chicago a few weeks ago.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Jack Whites nw band,The Raconteurs..Broken Boy Soldiers is the name of the cd..right here,right now

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Well, *at the moment* I'm watching CMT's Cross Country with John Anderson and Big & Rich. Which is awesome. But I love everything from Southern Rock to folk to bluegrass to Cajun to country to 70's Rock to Classical. Jagged Little Pill is a great album. I like about any well-done music. What kind mostly depends on my mood at the moment. I have the most eclectic taste in music of anyone I know.

• lonecat
    lonecat

Detroits' "the Paybacks" are hot on my cd player right now, and hardly a day has gone by since 1999 that I haven't spun Mike Ness (of Social Distortion fame) solo cd Cheating at Solitaire, it's mostly about his struggles with addiction and coming to terms with life in sobriety...I relate to it on a lot of levels.

Brian Setzers' new cd 13 is really cool and a bit more punk than his other swing and rockabilly stuff and he is an amazing guitarist.

ELO's Jeff Lynne has supervised remasters of most of that band's classic 70's/early 80's albums with some cool bonus material , some of which was recorded recently. I've listened to A New WorldRecord and literally thousands of times, but these remasters are so well done that I'm hearing things I'd never heard before on those albums!

For background music while working in my illustration studio I have been spinning new cd's by the Dynatones and the Sadies.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

lupe fiasco, k'naan, damian 'jr. gong' marley, mighty crown soundsystem, busta rhymes, roots, gorillaz. at work i mostly pump any roots reggae or dancehall. keep the vibes good and positive.

bass nectar. i mostly drink the nectar these days. down tempo psy-break beat often on the weekednds.

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit