Im not tough

by joelbear 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Introspection
    Introspection

Some,

My I ask what joelbear said about not being tough on the board has to do with martial arts?

No you may not! But well, you beat me to it and asked already so i'll answer.. And.. It is because he brought it up originally in another thread, AND on the top of this one:

Joel:

I came out of that phase (or thought I did) with a new gung ho, I ain't gonna take no crap concept of myself. You probably saw my post about marshall arts. This was gonna all be part of this new tough, ready to fight, kind of guy.

Original thread:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=12868&site=3#153848

So basically, I'm talking about something completely different. Umm.. That is, martial arts, Tai Chi specifically. It has nothing to do with Joel as a person, other than the fact that he might want to check it out... Tai Chi is probably as far away from fighting as one can get when it comes to martial arts, yet it is a nice form of exercise so I just thought it may be of interest.

Now.. What did YOU think I was talking about? Feel free to email me if you don't want to answer here...

• Deacon
    Deacon

Joel,
    If I may.

The only real definition of true love is enhancing the spiritual awareness of another person.

It took me a long time to realise what this means. It took me even longer to realise that courage and strength and patience and willingness to wait...are the true criteria for what being tough is all about..

Most of us fail in this....but we keep trying...

And you have proved that you are tough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit