How did you dispose of your JW books? (Or did you?)

by exwitless 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sasha
    Sasha

Started studying in 1968..stopped in 1970...Witness women always brought me ALL lastest books. Saved them all on a bookcase. Started studing in earnest 3 years ago, last year ended it forever. Took all books and put in a box hidden in closet. Actually, I remember in the 70's putting out some books with a sign FREE. No one took any. Magazines in recyling box. GONE! Back to the box in closet. Don't know why I don't toss them. Could always donate to Kingdom hall. Leave in from of door when they are closed. But I have notes, etc in them. I hate to throw books out anyway. Good question. What do you suggest? I have to get a new Bible too. I like the Scofield 1909 edition. But again, all my "witness" bible have notes, etc in them from 1967!!!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I burned mine. There were so many. It is amazing how much you collect over the years.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I love your alias(nick) BTS!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I only had one bible, I actually posted on here if anyone wanted it, I got a PM from a member and mailed it. However, if I am ever given Watchterrors or Awokes, I draw funny pictures on them and mail them to my cousin.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I disposed of everything little by little. I have a few books left, including the elder's "Flock" book with all my mid-1990 elder notes. Any bidders?

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Put everything in big black contractor's trash bags and took them to the dump. I didn't want anyone to ever be mislead by them again.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

When I 'figured it out' I took 90% or them to the KH - and left them like a baby on the doorstep. Why pay the trashman to haul them?

Over time, I keep finding one here and there. I usually let the 'brothers' have them by nighttime delivery to the KH lot.

I kept a concordance, the large print RB18 and a German and Spanish NWT. If one has an outhouse, the Awake makes nice AW.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit